Notices

Variable Pitch Prop

Old 06-27-2007, 12:48 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
John,
I wonder which went tits up 1st, his drive or his prop? Again, great concept, but the engineering ain't easy ..........
How's the back? Does Mom need any help ???
Regards,
Steve
The guy with the baha never did break the drive.....I think it was like 17 or 19p in first gear.....so, even though he was zinging it to the moon.....it wasn't that much stress.....I guess.

Back hurts like hell......existing on pills right now. Surgery is July 16th. In the hosipital for a week, then on a walker for 2 weeks after that, then on a cane for another 2 weeks......then hopefully walking after that.....at least that is what they are telling me (you know how that chit goes).

I have buit a sybian with a harley motor on it for Debbie.......so she probably will have no use for me when I do heal up!
Old 06-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Cool pics- I love that motor intake!!
Mark,
Here's another one for you. This motor is a heavily
modified 2.5 that ran 3 stage N20/alcohol/race gas. 600 HP with everything burning @ 11,000 RPM with a 26" ............(do that math )
One of these days I'll try to load some videos racing against other U/Os, blown inboard hydros and tunnel jets.
1/4 mile ETs in the high 8s, speeds in the 120s.
Check out the block. It was painted Chrysler Plumb Crazy Purple to match the boat.
In hindsight, it was insane, which is why I eventually quit.
Regards,
Steve
Attached Thumbnails Variable Pitch Prop-m-2.5.jpg  

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 06-27-2007 at 12:54 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:07 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know much about egg beaters, but that one appears to have some additional plumbing!
Old 06-27-2007, 01:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Croozin2
My thoughts exactly. Hammers down on anything with a bravo and some decent power isn't going to last long.

Steve, was that Mirage called a Quatershot or Quartermaster? Can't remember - my racing days are long over. That was some of the most fun you can have with your clothes on though! Thought about buying another Ally just for a play boat until we had to fish a buddy of mine out of the water last year after he blew his Piranha over. I'll stick with the big boats now.

PS - Beautiful boat!
The Quartershot is a race HP hull being made in Florida now. I thnk he has a couple of open lake deck versions too. I had a Mirage Quartermaster, made in Texas by Brad Collins. It is/was a drag race only tunnel with no pickleforks and less frontal area. To my knowledge, no one has ever blown one over. Weird looking boat, looks kinda like a Indy car without the tires, but they are relatively safe and very fast.
I've owned a couple of Allisons too, a 16' with a 175, and Darris' own 2002 Bass Racer 20' (686 lbs) with a 2.4 EFI Offshore.
Talk about rocking the bass fishing world, as well as more than a few jet boats .............I could fish in the 90s with 2 guys and all our equipment, and run over 100 by myself. I remember winning our little Wednesday night club tournament and hearing a guy in the crowd saying "I thought those guys just raced".
I would still like to have a 2003 to fish, ski and f' off with.
Best Regards,
Steve
Old 06-27-2007, 01:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thunderusone
I don't know much about egg beaters, but that one appears to have some additional plumbing!
John,
That's all to comply with EPA pollution regulations . Don't want to make the tree fugging, oxygen farting crowd mad at us. Sorry to hear about your back, at least you have some good drugs!
Harley powered Sybian.........don't do it man! Every woman in Nashville will be lined up outside your house .......can I come over and at least watch?
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 06-27-2007 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Croozin2
My thoughts exactly. Hammers down on anything with a bravo and some decent power isn't going to last long.

Steve, was that Mirage called a Quatershot or Quartermaster? Can't remember - my racing days are long over. That was some of the most fun you can have with your clothes on though! Thought about buying another Ally just for a play boat until we had to fish a buddy of mine out of the water last year after he blew his Piranha over. I'll stick with the big boats now.

PS - Beautiful boat!
Croozin,
Same here, loved it when I was doin' it, but towards the end it started seeming more like work than fun. Attending a few poker runs (I had a Baja too at the time) convinced me to hang up the racing. I tell my racing friends that poker running is a "martini and bikini race" .
Regards,
Steve