Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Prop Talk
BBlades Maximus 32P 5 Blades on the way... >

BBlades Maximus 32P 5 Blades on the way...

Notices

BBlades Maximus 32P 5 Blades on the way...

Old 08-08-2007, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BBlades Maximus 32P 5 Blades on the way...

After speaking with Brett, I have decided to try out the BBlades Maximus 32P 5 Blade modified props. Based on our conversation, it should pick up 4-5mph in the midrange cruising area and hopefully get at least 2mph consistently on top end.

I have some decent numbers with the box stock Bravo I 32P, so I am anxious to try out the new Maximus props.

I will post the results once the props arrive.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:02 PM
Registered

It will be interesting to see what speeds you pick up over a stock Bravo. Are the Maximus' going to be stock also? I have heard the Maximus needs to be labbed to be efficient. I didn't get to try one, so I'll be interested in your results.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:24 AM
Registered

From what Brett and I discussed, the stock Maximus 32P would probably cost me 400-500rpms which in turn would reduce my top end by ~1-2mph.

He suggested having them labbed and the cutting down the diffuser ring to bring the rpms back up on top, so that is what I decided to go with.

The 3 week lead time is going to be tough!
Old 08-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

We'll get them done and to you ASAP.

By the way, my 10 year old son loves your avatar. He told me all about that car and what it is capable of. I'm so proud.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper TT
From what Brett and I discussed, the stock Maximus 32P would probably cost me 400-500rpms which in turn would reduce my top end by ~1-2mph.

He suggested having them labbed and the cutting down the diffuser ring to bring the rpms back up on top, so that is what I decided to go with.

The 3 week lead time is going to be tough!
I would think you would drop down in pitch to go with the 5 blades? Would doing the work to the Maximus 32p loose some efficiency[prop slip] compared to going with a stock set of Maximus 30P?

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:20 PM
Registered

I went from a labbed 28 b1 to a...... labbed(merc) 26 max 5 blade. Gained 5 mph cruising at the same rpm. lost 1 mph on the top end. same day testing, same weight, same water conditions, same driver, same tabs/drive position. Just be carefull, they have a lot of BITE so your drive might not be very happy if you WOT it without the boat up on plane.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
We'll get them done and to you ASAP.

By the way, my 10 year old son loves your avatar. He told me all about that car and what it is capable of. I'm so proud.
I know my 5yo son is already a car junky! We've got an expensive future ahead of us! LOL!

If your son wants some video clips, let me know.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by VegasHallett
I went from a labbed 28 b1 to a...... labbed(merc) 26 max 5 blade. Gained 5 mph cruising at the same rpm. lost 1 mph on the top end. same day testing, same weight, same water conditions, same driver, same tabs/drive position. Just be carefull, they have a lot of BITE so your drive might not be very happy if you WOT it without the boat up on plane.
Interesting. You lost 1mph by decreasing the pitch and labbing.

Thanks for the warning. I normally just increase the throttles to around 3000rpms until the boat gets on plane, then begin to increase.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
I would think you would drop down in pitch to go with the 5 blades? Would doing the work to the Maximus 32p loose some efficiency[prop slip] compared to going with a stock set of Maximus 30P?
Brett told me the stock 32P B1 is equivalent to a Maximus 30P.

I'm not sure about the slip, but I'm sure labbing increases the slip.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Registered

SAme here. 3000 till boat on plane. the 5 blade has so much bite the slip % went way down. Not sure off hand what it was. something like 15%.

Quick Reply: BBlades Maximus 32P 5 Blades on the way...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.