Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Prop Talk
Any Benifit to being Dialed in with two sets of props for pleasure Use ? >

Any Benifit to being Dialed in with two sets of props for pleasure Use ?

Notices

Any Benifit to being Dialed in with two sets of props for pleasure Use ?

Old 09-25-2007, 09:03 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Any Benifit to being Dialed in with two sets of props for pleasure Use ?

Just wonder how many folks if any are dialed in with more than one set of props ?

Maybe a set for normal Cruising?

Maybe a second set of fast day's or Poker Runs ?

All my boating is on Lake Michigan.

If any of you have done this are you glad you did? And if any of you have done this what benifits do you feel you have gained by doing this?

Thanks
Jon
Old 09-25-2007, 02:28 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

TTT Nobody ?????????
Old 09-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bravo three with the twin props suppose to improve control and handling.

Here in PDF format is a little more information from boattest.com on the Bravo III

http://www.ebbtideboats.com/PDF/BravoIII.pdf

You're Welcome
Old 09-25-2007, 02:50 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

This would be two individual pairs of props for #6 drives.

NOT a twin prop outdrive..................

Thanks
Jon
Old 09-25-2007, 08:11 PM
Airking
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set of 34P Bravo for heavy loads= more than 3 passengers,coolers and full fuel,boat accelerates better but limits top end.
Set of stock 36P Bravo for poker runs, Blades are stock thickness, reduses rpm for long sustained high rpm runs that causes cracks in my labbed props, and to lower rpms to reduse engine wear.
Set of BBlade Labbed 36 P Bravo for radar runs, highest MPH and just me in boat with low fuel.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:32 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Boater8987
I have a set of 34P Bravo for heavy loads= more than 3 passengers,coolers and full fuel,boat accelerates better but limits top end.
Set of stock 36P Bravo for poker runs, Blades are stock thickness, reduses rpm for long sustained high rpm runs that causes cracks in my labbed props, and to lower rpms to reduse engine wear.
Set of BBlade Labbed 36 P Bravo for radar runs, highest MPH and just me in boat with low fuel.
So do you feel it was worth it to set it up with three individual set's? Would you do it again?

Thanks
Jon
Old 09-26-2007, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's also nice to have a short set with big motors . So when you go out with a boat load of friends you have great mid range pull.
Jim
Old 09-26-2007, 10:23 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

I've been sugesting this for years but it doen't always come out right when it comes from the propeller salesman. LOL

Changes in air temp., humidity, water temp., water conditions all play into prop choices. As propeller technicians, we deal with the seasonal changes every year. Believe me it can be a real headache! Multiple propeller pitches and configurations are a great option to fit any load and seasonal condition.

I have one customer that has me change his propeller 3 times a year. After 2 years they are shot. Would have been better off buy a few different propellers!
Old 09-26-2007, 02:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
I've been sugesting this for years but it doen't always come out right when it comes from the propeller salesman. LOL

Changes in air temp., humidity, water temp., water conditions all play into prop choices. As propeller technicians, we deal with the seasonal changes every year. Believe me it can be a real headache! Multiple propeller pitches and configurations are a great option to fit any load and seasonal condition.

I have one customer that has me change his propeller 3 times a year. After 2 years they are shot. Would have been better off buy a few different propellers!

LOL......................Hmmm wonder why ?

So have you had many customers take you up on it ?

Thanks
Jon
Old 09-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Airking
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would I do this again? Was it worth it? Hey this is standard procedure for me! I have 30+ years of boating experience. Not that that makes a difference,common sense and being willing to learn from the best means more than experience. Take the short cut listen what the pro's have to say, and by the way Brett=BBlades is one of them and Julie from Throttlesup is too!. I learn and listen from the best.

Quick Reply: Any Benifit to being Dialed in with two sets of props for pleasure Use ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.