Donzi 16 questions...

Notices

Donzi 16 questions...

Old 09-22-2008, 12:56 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Donzi 16 questions...

I'm working on two 16 classics' one's a V drive and the other's a Bravo one. The Bravo one small block combo is running a right hand 23 mirage and loses stability around 55-58mph. It noses over and takes a bit of dive to the right almost like it's blowing out but not quite as bad. This usually starts a pretty violent chine walk that I don't have the balls to try and drive through. There's a one inch spacer in the drive now and the cavitation plate is 3/4" above the bottom. I'd like to take it out and try a different prop. Any thoughts...

The second one is 500hp big block V drive and someone put on a three blade ski boat wheel 13d 15p It's pretty good rpm wise but there's maybe a quarter inch between the blade tip and the hull. Needles to say he's burning the gel off the bottom
Thanks for reading all that, Alex.

Last edited by HaxbySpeed; 09-22-2008 at 09:26 AM.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Try a Turbo 23 on the Bravo boat. It did way better on my 18 than the M+. It worked for some of my buddies that have 16's. The 16 is more prone to chine walk than the 18 so you will want hydraulic steering.

There is a guy on the Donzi.net that goes by the name of Big Grizzly. He specializes in props that are off the norm. He will probably know something about your V-drive question.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

The Turbos have been great props on these boats. We do carry their line of propellers. We also have some for testing.

Also, with the M+ prop, a small diameter reduction and stiffer cupping in the correct location will help the drivability.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:36 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Sounds good Brett, I'll definitely give you a call, I'm having trouble with a 25 eliminator eagle as well...

Thanks guys!
Old 09-23-2008, 07:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
Sounds good Brett, I'll definitely give you a call, I'm having trouble with a 25 eliminator eagle as well...

Thanks guys!
Enjoy the prop testing. I have tried a whole myriad of props on various Donzi hulls before I finally listened to someone about the Turbo. It is a different looking prop but man, it was like I got a new boat.

I learned that some props really suck the stern down hard on the D boats. That will induce more chine walk on the 18 and a bunch of chine walk on the 16 given the hook in the hull.

Have fun and post the results. Especially if you try one of the cut down M+'s. I have not tried that one yet and would like to know more about it.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The right bravo 1 works pretty good too for us raised X guys. But still the m+ does the trick for all out WFO. Steve
Old 09-23-2008, 10:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I've got a bunch of different M+'s in the shop I can try, a couple B1's and a 23 revolution that doesn't seem to work on anything... It's great getting feedback from you guys so I don't have to spend a whole day chasing my tail on the water. Anyone have any input on x dimension?
Old 09-23-2008, 10:50 PM
Registered

As i said the right bravo 1 works pretty good not just a box stock one, I got noe this summer from brett in which he added some cup to, that is intersting and as for the m+ it too is labbed, higher x's do work pretty good on these hulls if your will to try a slug of different props to find the sweet spot. Go over to donzi.net and you will find a BUNCH of knowledge there! Good luck Steve
Old 09-24-2008, 08:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by osur866
As i said the right bravo 1 works pretty good not just a box stock one, I got noe this summer from brett in which he added some cup to, that is intersting and as for the m+ it too is labbed, higher x's do work pretty good on these hulls if your will to try a slug of different props to find the sweet spot. Go over to donzi.net and you will find a BUNCH of knowledge there! Good luck Steve
Steve

Once you dial it in after your whipple install this winter you will really know props on the 18. That is also really going to take of the shorty and the latham steering!
Old 09-24-2008, 10:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi
Steve

Once you dial it in after your whipple install this winter you will really know props on the 18. That is also really going to take of the shorty and the latham steering!
Bill. working on steering in the next couple of weeks and for the whipple well I am thinking very hard about it but don't tell anyone Steve

Quick Reply: Donzi 16 questions...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.