Bravo1 vs Bravo1FS

Notices

Bravo1 vs Bravo1FS

Old 10-11-2023, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Gimme Fuel
Brad,

FWIW I trimmed the diffuser on my 30p Bravo I's that ore on my 380 PQ, as everything I have done to reduce stern lift has been a positive gain on my boat, however not so much with the diffuser removal. Boat won't get on plane without extreme measures and just blows props out as boat begins to level out. When I did get on plane, props had a lot of slip and lost 5-6 mph. Just had diffusers welded back on.

With the high x-dimension that these hulls have, I don't think it will work for you either.
I tired a 29p B1 with the defuser removed on my old 496HO 27 Fountain and it would not plane at all. It would do what you described. Blow the prop out right as it began to gain any speed.

IMO single engine boats need the diffuser and stern lift to plane. At least mine did.
Old 05-12-2024, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 171 Likes on 106 Posts

I had a Bravo turned into an FS. Planing took a real hit and lost top end. These were my results. Others may differ.
Old 05-12-2024, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Smitty275
I had a Bravo turned into an FS. Planing took a real hit and lost top end. These were my results. Others may differ.
myself I’ve found anyone but Merc touches a prop and it’s just not the same. I have a both a Bravo and FS 30 for my boat, the FS is a better wheel in all ways except cruise, at 3300 rpm the bravo is about 2 mph faster at 44 vs 42 but top end i gain a full 2-3 mph and cannot tell a difference in plane time.