Prop slip around 30%, very hard to get on plane >

Prop slip around 30%, very hard to get on plane

Notices

Prop slip around 30%, very hard to get on plane

Old 07-29-2024, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaman
...and why are engines failing so rapidly?
I don't know, but I hope it stops cause these engines are priced like they made them out of diamonds.

Just a guess, but the same cylinder that filled with coolant is the same one the piston blew up. Maybe the shop didn't get all the moisture out when they did the head gasket? Also got the injectors checked out and that injector was flowing 5% under the rest. He said that wouldn't really cause an issue though, but they are all calibrated now.

Really just wish I could get this boat to work like it should. At the point of wanting to get rid of it, but who wants a boat that's usually only getting to 66mph that should do 72. And a performance boat that takes off slower than my uncles 1994 30ft monterey. I've spent wayyy more hours working on my boat than using it, and probably spent the same in parts/repairs as what the boat is worth in just 4 years. Lol, sorry for the rant.

Last edited by baja 33outlaw; 07-29-2024 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-29-2024, 10:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,173 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Where do you boat ?
Old 07-29-2024, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
Where do you boat ?
Lake erie, usually port clinton. Live in Toledo area.

Last edited by baja 33outlaw; 07-29-2024 at 11:20 AM.
Old 07-29-2024, 11:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,173 Likes on 1,415 Posts

To far from me or Id help you get it sorted out
The following users liked this post:
baja 33outlaw (07-29-2024)
Old 07-30-2024, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 91 Posts

Just wondering if you have captains call or similar exhaust? Do the props have vent holes in them? Try capping the holes or if they are capped open them up. Is it even possible that the exhaust through the hub is causing this issue? If you have choice, does it have the same problem getting on plane when exhaust is running thought the transom? The other thing to check is that if you have drive coolers installed that the pickup for the cooler is on the up side of prop travel. If spinning out, the pickup should be on the inside.
Old Yesterday, 12:23 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,910 Likes on 962 Posts

Sounds to me like you are putting the throttles all the way to the dash when getting on plane??? You said you pull them back to 3500rpms and this is where you should be to start with. Its not a ski boat that is supposed to jump on plane. You should gradually add throttle when starting from idle to get on plane. I'm surprised you have not had outdrive issues. 10-20 seconds does not sound like anything out of the ordinary. You really shouldn't need much tab to get on plane in a 33 OL.
The following users liked this post:
Sydwayz (Yesterday)