Resto has began! 1988 Image / Ocean express 31 cat   TONS OF PICS >

Resto has began! 1988 Image / Ocean express 31 cat TONS OF PICS

Notices

Resto has began! 1988 Image / Ocean express 31 cat TONS OF PICS

Old 07-15-2013, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 1,249 Likes on 604 Posts

Originally Posted by GTOKILLER
Well it ran perfect for a few minutes, managed 78 mph @ 4800 rpm drives buried for safety as ive never driven a cat before. Small backfire, thought it was mean & lean maybe a piston failed. Upon further inspection found out there was a shattered valve seat in # 5 that went through 3 cylinders. I replaced 3 of the 4 heads & guess what! the one I didnt replace failed within 20 min. Today I ordered a new Dart head, a full set of pistons, rings, couple valves, head gaskets ect.... I feel I got lucky the cylinders look & feel perfect not a scratch nothing went back up into the chargers so Ill be back on the water in 10 days & just under $2,000. Still gonna take a little timing out & richen the secondary just a tad for piece of mine.
SonOfaBitc#! That's not what I wanted to hear.
Oh well, I finally blew a lower this weekend after 12yrs of abuse. It's only parts, money and time.
No one was hurt and we still have our health
Good luck
Old 07-16-2013, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Man that sucks. If it makes you feel better, I have not had my boat in the water and my motor is a pile of parts...new ones though! I have been out on other peoples money pits though. Thanks AJfisher
Old 07-17-2013, 07:47 AM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
SonOfaBitc#! That's not what I wanted to hear.
Oh well, I finally blew a lower this weekend after 12yrs of abuse. It's only parts, money and time.
No one was hurt and we still have our health
Good luck

Thats the way I look @ it. Keeps me motivated to keep pouring money into it. I was hoping to see u @ boyne I want to check out the inside of your boat in person. Im sure we will be in G.H. before to long.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:53 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by JRider
Man that sucks. If it makes you feel better, I have not had my boat in the water and my motor is a pile of parts...new ones though! I have been out on other peoples money pits though. Thanks AJfisher
Yea it happens, I was planning on doing Boyne thunder with Fisher then he broke so I hitched a ride with Derek P. & he broke the morning of the run so I was not met to be on the water that day for some reason!!! Luckily I found a buddy with a 25 Outlaw nice & reliable, we spent the day @ Horton bay, had a blast. Good luck getting your out back together!! Season is only 1/2 over. just glad after all teh breakdowns everyone made it back to shore safe, even a couple huge boats in the poker run limped back to shore with some expensive breakdowns.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:09 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man ol Man. Hang in there!
Old 07-17-2013, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its been quite a year for the mid michigan crew! Lol
F!!
Old 07-17-2013, 09:25 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ajfisher
Its been quite a year for the mid michigan crew! Lol
F!!
Yea lest hope it changes real quick like!!
Old 07-29-2013, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any news?
Old 07-31-2013, 08:50 PM
Platinum Member

Turns out those pistons are hard to find! .050 under a stk 400 bore, 25cc dish top with a lower pin hole to fit the longer rods I guess. They did make it in this week, the new head is all machined & assembled ready to go. Final assy. is in progress! I should have it back by the weekend. I hope to get some time this weekend to put it in then do a test & tune @ a local lake. My goal is to take it to Elk Rapids this weekend there is a festival going on there & I want to meet up with a coupe of OSO members when im there. I gotta be ready for Bud Bash & Hardy Gras!!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

The fireworks are Sat night in Elk Rapids hope you can make it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.