Notices

74 Magnum Maltese

Old 01-22-2013, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice, Thats gonna be a sweet boat when its all done!
Old 01-24-2013, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 41 Posts

I don't get it. You have a hull to keep water out and then people drill holes in it. The last boat I did had 78 holes I had to fix (there is a few more that stayed) in the transom alone.. That was 78 times someone said "this hole wont hurt it" .... insane.
Good luck with you restore.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have built four boats, and whenever there is a hole penetrating a wood core or something similar, I insert a tube of epoxy glass with the correct ID for the hole and epoxy it into an oversize opening in the structure. It takes a little time but insures that the hole is waterproof and compression resistant. My latest project is a conversion of a 35' Cigarette Awesome into a 28' center console. and every "hole" has an epoxy tube with high density additive added as necessary. The thread is under Cigarette Boats on OSO. Thanks. Bob N.