Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Restorations & Upgrades
Vinyl Upholstery cleaning/protectant products >

Vinyl Upholstery cleaning/protectant products

Notices

Vinyl Upholstery cleaning/protectant products

Old 05-04-2013, 04:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used all of the above product and have had success as they are all very good products.

I now use BioKleen products on everything with outstanding results.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Cleaners: Magic Erasers, and Spray Nine, the Erasers are slightly abrasive, so be careful on colored vinyl.

Protectant: 303 works great

These are the best that I have used. There are many other cleaners/protectants that come close.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I've found Armor All tends to dry things out, and can crack vinyl, not to mention greasy and very slick. I've used 303 for awhile, and it works beautifully. Not slick, not greasy, and it makes them easy to clean off. 303 also tends to keep your vinyl supple with no cracks. I use it on the car now as well.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Simple Green seems to work well for cleaning, and Magic Erasers are great.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:40 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

I absolutely love Hula's Wipe Out for my boat's interior:

http://products.hulaboatcare.com/?page_id=143#Wipte_Out
Old 05-06-2013, 04:34 AM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by VtSteve
I've found Armor All tends to dry things out, and can crack vinyl, not to mention greasy and very slick. I've used 303 for awhile, and it works beautifully. Not slick, not greasy, and it makes them easy to clean off. 303 also tends to keep your vinyl supple with no cracks. I use it on the car now as well.
My interior guy told me the same thing about Armor All a few years ago. I always used 303 on my tonneau covers and my boats.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 for Aerospace 303 for protectent and light to maybe moderate cleaning. I also use it as detailer on the hull of the boat works great to hit the hull once or twice through the year.

Question is I havent done a deep down cleaning in a few years and between hopping in and out of the engine compartment over the years and grease and what not the white is starting to look shabby a little bit. I have used the all the common cleaners vinyl cleaners and really doesnt cut everything. What would be something good to use. Was thinking about trying simple green.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

303 works great, unless you have Carbon Fiber Silver patterend Vinyl. I had a brand new interior done 4 years ago and used 303 from day one. ALl of a suddent a month into the season I noticed little orange/peach colored spots in areas. Could not figure it out... Found a thread on the OSO board that someone elses with Carbon Fibon Fiber Silver was having the same issue. It appears there is some weird goofy reaction between the 303 and the Silver dye used in the Vinyl. I think it may have even been just the brand vinyl that was used in my boat. But a tuff leason to learn... The 303 was great on the other colors..... I have since switched to Fountain of Youth Cuddy Buddy diluted to 50/50. For tough stains I will use a tiny bit of Simple Green. Carbon Fiber pattern looks so freaking cool, but it is a _itch to keep clean....