Stainless Marine VS EMI Exhaust >

Stainless Marine VS EMI Exhaust

Notices

Stainless Marine VS EMI Exhaust

Old 05-02-2013, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stainless Marine VS EMI Exhaust

I'm looking for peoples thoughts on the which way to go. I have a stock 454 gen iv. I'm also looking for the best place to buy from? Any info is greatly appreciated!!! THANKS
Old 05-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Gold Member

i have both on two diffrent boats.emi,s on my single boat,and stainless marine on my twin engine boat.i like both of them.the ssmarine are alittle bit smaller in size,not as thick.the emi,s are alittle thicker...both are great manafolds.buy what you can afford.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info BC!! Anyone else out there have any input? I'm leaning towards the emi set up due to cost effectiveness.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Registered

I pieced together a used set of stainless marine exhaust manifolds and risers for 450 bucks. I am a huge fan of stainless marine. Never gave me an issue and feel that they are well built. My 2 cents. I would go used. 90 percent of the time they are good, unless someone doesn't drain them over the winter.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:17 PM
Registered

I have two sets of emi's that I have not used yet (build is still in progress). I just shopped online and took the cheapest price (they are drop shipped from EMI no mater where you get them I think). Three observations - the EMI will interfere with your powersteering pump hose and you have to bend it or re do it to make it work. The installation instructions suck for the shift, remote oil filter and thunderbolt brackets (make sure you order ALL brackets when you order) so get some pictures from someone. IMO emi's customer service sucks - I did not get the manifold to riser gaskets in my kit and called them a year later to get them and they charged me. It seemed like because I ordered from a third party vendor they where not going to help. My 2 cents.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

[ATTACH=CONFIG]511921[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]511922[/ATTACH]I made some brackets out of some scrap angle aluminum & polished them for my EMIs. I don't remember any real hassle with the p/s line but that was a while ago. Randy
Attached Thumbnails Stainless Marine VS EMI Exhaust-114.jpg   Stainless Marine VS EMI Exhaust-115.jpg