Eliminator 250 Eagle XP build has started >

Eliminator 250 Eagle XP build has started

Notices

Eliminator 250 Eagle XP build has started

Old 12-10-2013, 11:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys, I talked to Bob Leach yesterday about my drainage issues & I think the drain plug behind the 1st step will work out the easiest. Kind of a pain to get to but it won't have to be removed every time like the bilge plug. Kathy goes in for her last major chemo tomorrow then 12 light ones 1 each week then she will be done. Randy
Old 12-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default Progress on the hull so far

[ATTACH=CONFIG]514119[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]514120[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]514121[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]514122[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]514123[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]514124[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]514125[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]514126[/ATTACH]Just checking to make sure I am making progress cause sometimes it doesn't look like it. Meanwhile the shop foreman looks on.[ATTACH=CONFIG]514127[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Eliminator 250 Eagle XP build has started-img_3889.jpg   Eliminator 250 Eagle XP build has started-img_3895.jpg   Eliminator 250 Eagle XP build has started-img_3940.jpg  

Eliminator 250 Eagle XP build has started-img_4089.jpg   Eliminator 250 Eagle XP build has started-img_4091.jpg   Eliminator 250 Eagle XP build has started-img_4092.jpg  

Eliminator 250 Eagle XP build has started-img_4094.jpg   Eliminator 250 Eagle XP build has started-eliminator-stringers.jpg   Eliminator 250 Eagle XP build has started-img_3561.jpg  

Old 12-13-2013, 02:10 AM
Registered

im envious that you have someplace to work on your boat... You've been making good progress while I spent 3 days soaking and cleaning my intake..and I now owe my wife a new scrub brush for our cups.
Old 12-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Registered

Way to keep plugging away Randy, your making good progress. I like the filler idea at the transom, should really clean the looks and make it easier to clean. Just need to make sure you enough room for the throttle / shifter cable sweep. I don't think I would be able to do this on mine without putting the cables in to tight of a sweep.

http://s299.photobucket.com/user/IRO...ml?sort=3&o=11
Old 12-14-2013, 04:03 PM
Registered

Man your comments about ice just sent a shiver through me. I have been worried about this as my boat is stored in an unheated space. When the water freezes it expands, not good for fiberglass. Thank you for taking progress photo's, it will really helpful when I go through the same thing next winter.
Old 12-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

IROCDave, the cables won't be a problem cause the shifter will be mounted elsewhere & the throttle cable is routed differently with the whipple set up. As for the ice, the hull is pretty stout down there it will make for less of a musty smell from the wooden panel being moist all the time. The panel I took out is covered on the bottom with some black stuff I thought was paint but further up in the bow it looked more like a water line from the amount of water standing in there. The actual amount would only be a couple of gallons but that musty wet carpet smell along with it being Missouri river water was pretty rank. I have to refill my propane tanks before I get to work any more so it looks like I get a break for a day or so. More to come when I get heat. Randy
Old 12-15-2013, 01:56 AM
Registered

I'm worried about the water trapped in the bottom of the boat freezing and prying / tearing the sub floor assemblies apart. We had a week and a half of temps in the teens recently and another round of sub freezing temps in store for next week. I can see how water soaked wood exposed to freezing temps can tear a boat apart.
Old 12-15-2013, 03:41 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

If our boats survived this long without our knowing about this little hiccup I don't see that anything will change this winter. Keep in mind the small amount of water and the higher the bow the smaller the amount. If your boat doesn't get left outside in the rain & such you probably don't have any water in there anyway. This one has been outside with a cover on it for 7 years. I took the cover off when I started tearing it apart and the cover left off to let it air out. Randy
Old 01-06-2014, 05:31 PM
Registered

Randy, I hope you have better luck out of your 700 watt amps than I did. Mine is currently back in the box fixing to be picked up by fedex and going back. The first time I had my boat out in a little rough water it keep blowing the main 50 amp breaker on the engine. After a four letter word filled day and a 15 MPH ride back to the marine I finally figured out that the amp was shorting to ground every time it would hit a little chop. I even had it mounted on isolators. I can say this much, the 900+ watt on the birth certificate is no joke, my one 700.5 is running 4 6.5 kicker 3 ways and a 10" kicker sub and has plenty left over!!!

P.S. keep up the good work

Josh
Old 01-06-2014, 07:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hey Josh, thank you for the heads up. These amps were bought on amazon & unfortunately non returnable because I have had them too long. I have been trying different ways of mounting them & it is a PITA. Actually have been thinking about finding some amps that are stackable. They won't be in the engine compartment so there is limited room anywhere else, & I sure don't want to mess with them once they are mounted. I would really like to see how others have mounted their amps in similar boats. Randy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.