1987 larson senza complete restoration >

1987 larson senza complete restoration

Notices

1987 larson senza complete restoration

Old 08-18-2013, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1987 larson senza complete restoration

first id like to say hello i am new here as of today, been lurking for the last 2 years that ive been restoring my boat and figured now would be a good time to join.. my boat is a 1987 larson senza v220 . bought it 2 years ago in hurting condition, complete cabin was shot all seats floor stringers etc... the transom was rotted, gel coat was bad, had stress cracks all over the place. windshield was missing, engine had be rebuilt but was no good, trim pump was shot, exhaust was rotted, power steering was no good. had many many other issues as well. the interior for the deck area was all new and gorgeous! also had all new rub rail material and all chrome accessories . came with the trailer which need brakes, bearings, tires and wiring. original purchase price was $3000 after completion im at $23,000. it had an alpha 1 but now is equipped with a bravo 1, x dimension is raised 2" over factory. 260hp engine was replaced by a 385 cu in almost 500 hp engine that i built with afr 195 heads, custom comp cam, isky roller lifters, scorpion roller rockers, melling select oil pump, isky push rods, team g weiand intake, kb pistons eagle steel crank and s.i.r eagle rods, all bolts arp, has windage tray, crank scraper, and acceleration baffle, has 7qt moroso pan with trap door, cloyes quick button timing cover, msd 6al,msd pro billet distributor, msd atomic fuel injection, k&n spark arrestor, msd wires, ngk plugs, emi thunder exhaust, emi crossover and thermostat housing, gil tips. flywheel was upgraded from cast to steel. drive coupler is a mercruiser steel spline with snout style from a fountain with a big block. transom is all new marine plywood and west systems epoxy. most repairs were done with west systems and very little with regular resin. i used sea hawk gel coat for all repairs. cabin was redesigned and is not 100% complete but close, needs cushions. i replaced all wiring with new including new fuse panel. dash was totally re-done and customized. there was a tinted acrylic window next to the slider that was replaced buy a custom compartment that contains the radio and plenty of storage for the wifes purse and extras much more to list but lets get real u guys want pictures so ill add them now
Old 08-18-2013, 09:11 PM
Registered

http://imageshack.us/g/194/y7eb.jpg/

before, during and after pics, enjoy
Old 08-18-2013, 09:19 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome, WOW, nice job!!
Old 08-18-2013, 09:22 PM
Registered

thank you very much! my father , brother, and i broke are backs on this boat! but i couldnt be happier with it.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:38 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks very nice! How did you make the dash gauge display?
Old 08-18-2013, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow!!...Nice Job. Trust me when I tell you I know what you've been thru. Great choice on stepping up to Bravo. It only made sense to me also...difference is...I did it with twins!!

Great looking boat you have there...I bet you surprise a few folks with that one LOL!!
Old 08-18-2013, 10:18 PM
Registered

its actually a dash available from jegs, it has everything i needed to eliminate multiple gauges. i also got it with the gps speedo. it was $366 . it looks like crap in the picture because the camera catches the numbers as they pulse which our eyes cant see but cameras can lol.. it appears all screwy but through your own eyes not the camera it looks correct..
Old 08-18-2013, 10:19 PM
Registered

thank u! since we did it in my fathers driveway the neighbors got to see it in stages and cannot believe its the same boat i bought 2 yrs ago
Old 08-19-2013, 07:53 AM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

Wow! That is some job you did. I can appreciate the work to restore what was once an awesome boat. I owned an 87 Senza that I purchased for 25K back in 88 with 18 hrs on it. Owned it for 18 yrs abd sold it with 650 hrs, never had any issue other than a lower unit, they were great boats.
Great job on resurrecting her I hope you have many hrs of enjoyment on her.

JB
Old 08-19-2013, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Outstanding!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.