Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Restorations & Upgrades
A little different my "I/O pontoon build" >

A little different my "I/O pontoon build"

Notices

A little different my "I/O pontoon build"

Old 09-14-2016, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is one of my favorite build threads. You have accomplished better results in your home garage then some of the major manufacturers have with major development investments. Well done my friend.

May I ask how complicated the engine build is? Is it an off the shelf turbo kit and computer? which LS did you start with? I forget what drive you are running.

Thanks
Old 09-14-2016, 10:20 AM
Registered

Thanks, there has been many late nights with this build

The motor is a "junkyard" 5.3l genIII only thing that has been changed is ls7 cam,yellow valve springs, and High flow oil pump.

Turbo are 100% custom. I started with turbonetics super 60's and made my own adapters to go from the PCM manifolds the the t3 flange. Then I wrapped the exhaust housing so I could water cool it.

I'm using Holley HP EFI. I have used a ton of aftermarket ECU in both marine,automotive, and snowmobile world and I can say with out a doubt that the holley system is super simple to use. It really is plug and play.

Using a Bravo 1 drive.

Just like anything the need for speed only get worse the faster you go, I have everything in my cart on summit right now to build a badass 6.0l ls that can hold 1000hp and it really wouldn't cost that much (under 4k) the thing that sucks is getting a drive that I COULD push that much HP thru I can afford. Will see what the winter brings, My wife and I are expecting another kid here the end of yr so I don't want to bight of to much right now as that will keep me busy for atleast a yr till I can get back in the garage at nights.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Pod

Hey I know this is an old post but I was wondering if you have the dementions of the pod you mad for the engine?
Old 07-23-2018, 10:37 AM
Registered

I do what dimensions, are you looking for as it really going depend on what your outer toons size is.
Old 07-23-2018, 04:52 PM
Registered

I have a whole drive train out of a maxim. It’s a V8 basically the floor is shot so I am stripping the whole boat and I want to put iron the pontoon. It’s a 21ft with 24ft toons on it and I still have the 21 ft toons. So I can build it with the 3rd toon. Your toon is awesome and I want to build one. I have the big parts I just was wondering if I can have the CAD for the V8 if you have it? Can I give you a call to talk to you about it if you don’t mind?
Old 07-27-2018, 08:22 PM
Registered

looks crazy fun
Old 09-18-2021, 06:47 AM
Registered

Default The center

What's the sizes on that center pod ?
Old 09-24-2023, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

looks awesome! great job polishing those toons!
Old 07-01-2024, 06:05 PM
Registered

Just rebuilt mine last year. A lot of work. Yours is awesome!