look up a guy friscojarretts on youtube he restored one of these
Old 08-17-2014, 04:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have already reviewed all of its projects
Old 09-01-2014, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Had one of these back In the day .headers and thru hull on this boat for more than 360 hp or so is going to suprise you . Not a rough water boat like mainstream 19s either .with 5 people if your propped for 70 plus and tourqe moved out of the 2800 rpm range or so ,it might really struggle to plane .wakebaord pulls exceptional with the hook on the arch . Led toggles still avail if you look long and hard .always wondered what it would do with a Volvo dp and aluminum heads . Thru prop exhaust .you will too after a little more research .very cool boat .
Old 09-30-2014, 02:31 PM
Registered

I started some work on the engine, since it would not rotate, I was worried that the block and I was right.circul water pump is also blocked, power steering pump is ok, altenator blocked. I removed the spark plugs, and then tried to rotate the crankshaft pulley, which is barely moved.I put a little diesel fuel thru the hole from the spark plug and I did it little by little rotated slightly longer crankshaft. I hope that I can make use of block. exploring the what and how, I read that it is very important compression ratio and it depends on the fuel used .here we have the opportunity to use the 95,98 and 100 octane fuel
I aimed at the 10: 1 comp.ratio .target hp between 400 and 500 ps
Old 09-30-2014, 03:51 PM
Registered

I know that before buying parts, machinist must examine and measure the block but I need to of some suggestions about parts for the engine.I was thinking, for the lower part of the rotation of the motor used scat crank, rod, something like this
Series 9000 Cast Cranks, Pro Stock I-Beam Connecting Rods with 3/8"Cap Screws, HYPER Pistons, Rod Bearings, Main Bearings & Rings,this come as a kit http://www.ebay.com/itm/SBC-CHEVY-38...2b5995&vxp=mtr
and the upper portion
Xtreme Marine ™ XM270HR: Full Cam Kit
and some aluminum heads like dart SHP Small Block Chevy 200 Cylinder Head
Old 10-01-2014, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds like the motor is hurt check risers - manifolds closely ,those boats ,water gets into the engine during foul weather through engine sundeck pad gaps if left outside un covered .with the power your wanting to make ,a duoprop upgrade sure sounds good .sell your alpha while its still has a pulse
Old 03-17-2016, 12:08 PM
Registered

Hello guys
I finally started to do something on my boat
heads are down, the engine is in good condition, as new, honing is still seen
I found that someone rebuild engine
throughout that rust, when I removed the valve cover, shone the roller rockers
[IMG] [/IMG]
Old 03-17-2016, 12:35 PM
Registered

Then I start to researche what I have in the engine
I found a number of engine and number of heads
head casting nuber 3970126
block casting numer 330817
heads are Treated to 2.2 / 1.60 valves (OEM is 327/350 engine,67-79year,1.72 / 1.50valvs), with roller rockers and Sealed Power RP3212R pushrods
I do not know the ratio of roller rockers and who made them
engine block was also surprise,when i found that this is a 400cid,it is look like in the good shape,hones are still visible,and no edge on the peak of the cylinder
[IMG] [/IMG]
Old 03-17-2016, 12:54 PM
Registered

but,always is but,whwn i search wiki about a engine i found this
The 400 differed from other small blocks in that the cylinders were siamesed and therefore required 'steam' holes in the block, head gaskets, and heads to help alleviate 'hot-spots' in the cooling system at the point above the siamesed cylinders. Overheating and damage are likely if head gaskets or heads without 'steam' holes are used on a 400 block.
well, my head gasket have not steam holes so i am afraid of state of the block
sorry for my bad english
[IMG] image sharing sites[/IMG]some more pictures

Last edited by css19; 03-17-2016 at 01:05 PM.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:06 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,166 Likes on 1,430 Posts

Steam holes not an issue in a boat. Not much of an issue in a car where temps are watched. Only bad in something stuck in traffic on hot day with marginal cooling systems (typical back then) and running hot.

I'd be more afraid of freeze damage or etc with that motor. Looks very neglected ! Lots of corrosion on motor mounts and the obvious hole in the timing chain cover.

If the block is okay, make sure the engine shop does a magnuflux and sonic check, all threaded holes (especially head bolt holes) and etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.