34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider >

34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider

Notices

34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider

Old 11-03-2015, 07:30 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,164 Likes on 497 Posts

Been wondering about graphics for a while, thought about a logo that pays respect to Reggie but somehow just didn't look right. Bit more homework ahead.

(Playing on the laptop and I'm not very good)
Attached Thumbnails 34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-fun-logo-1.jpg  
Old 11-03-2015, 07:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to the drawing board.

Had a flash idea, an all new logo, something original that stamps it's place in the hi-performance boating market. Played around for a while and thought this was imaginative and stands out. Any thoughts??
Attached Thumbnails 34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-fun-logo2.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-cigarette02_water.jpg  
Old 11-03-2015, 07:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Still working on it, I remembered what I always say to the girlfriend, stripes accentuate your lines. Vertical stripes will make you look taller and slim but horizontal stripes will make you look short and fat.

Decided simple stripes would give the boat a longer and more lean appearance which a logo doesn't do. The hull is original black and spotless so I'm working on a black background. I'm thinking 'mild' not 'wild' and put something together.

Not sure I should show all because pictures on a trailer in a shed won't do it justice, maybe wait for the finished product and get a nice on water shot.
Attached Thumbnails 34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-1.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-2.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-3.jpg  

Old 11-03-2015, 07:52 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

What the hell, here's what I came up with. All selected from racelinedigital.com website. They put together a 'mock up' on the computer with my choice of design and colors. Put the first color (grey) on with the little square tabs so I can line up the other two colors and hey presto, boat has stripes! A bit of help with the application from the boys in the marina, the grey stripe is 27' long and would be more than a challenge on my own.

Apologies to those of you on OSO who could have provided a similar service/product but working from Thailand, it's not always easy. I know the look won't appeal to everybody but I like it, it's my boat and I'm paying!!
Attached Thumbnails 34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-4.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-5.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-6.jpg  

34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-7.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-8.jpg  
Old 11-03-2015, 08:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,248 Likes on 1,452 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
Back to the drawing board.

Had a flash idea, an all new logo, something original that stamps it's place in the hi-performance boating market. Played around for a while and thought this was imaginative and stands out. Any thoughts??
Just one ( NO ) ripping off the Cig logo not cool..............lol
Old 11-03-2015, 08:39 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst
Just one ( NO ) ripping off the Cig logo not cool..............lol
Cigarette logo, of course. I knew I'd seen something like that before.........
Must have been my subconscious that told me to come up with something else.

RR

P.S. Just having fun but maybe there's a small part of me that wishes I owned a Cigarette. Awesome boats and heritage.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Finally got my seats completed.
Probably the only part about the refit I am doubting a little, it could be a lot more exotic and sumptuous. It's not bad in any way but I could have gone for more. I had an idea in my mind what it might cost and when I got the quote at just over half what I was expecting I jumped at it thinking great value. Maybe I should have said "What could you do if I pay twice that amount?"

All too late now but at the cost of work here, I may re-do it all next year and spend more $$.

Pretty straight forward, cut down the cushion on the forward seat on the front of the console, drivers helm seat base rolls over at the front and makes a nice little support when standing. Height is almost level with my thigh so it's very comfortable. I can see the horizon all the way when seated so we have got the height right.

Rear lounge is a beauty at 6' width, can easily seat 3-4 and the backrest is just high enough to keep you in the boat at speed.

I think I have enough "Fountain" logos/name to compete with a well badged Cigarette. lol
Attached Thumbnails 34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-a1.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-a2.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-a3.jpg  

34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-a4.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-a5.jpg  

Last edited by rak rua; 11-11-2015 at 11:20 AM.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:47 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dash looks nice, plotter and stereo working well but still have to have a play with the plotter to work out a few functions.
Back of the helm seat is almost finished, 4 cup holders, nice grab rail but the back panel looks very bare and bland. I'm not worried, I have something coming to flash that up a bit, hopefully next week.

Stay tuned, I have high expectations but have to wait and see how it turns out.....
Attached Thumbnails 34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-c.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-c1.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-c2.jpg  

34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-c3.jpg  
Old 11-11-2015, 10:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Happy with the covers, it's all attached with zips, no snaps at all. At speed, they flap just a little but I've worked out how to get them a little tighter. I'll remove them and get the zips re-seemed and altered just a touch and it should tighten everything up nicely.

Striping is what I was hoping to achieve. The longest stripe (gray) was deliberately ordered longer than I wanted. I knew I would have trouble keeping any sort of straight line where the bow starts to 'flare' and sure enough, when we applied the stripes, it naturally turned upward and despite attempts to correct it, I felt it was better to let it go that way. It is longer than I really wanted so I may just trim a foot or two off the pointy end.

Sorry about the poor quality photos, all taken today and it was pretty humid so the lens of my little cheap camera was covered in moisture. Hazard of living in the tropics!

Also sorry about the crew, I'll try to do better next time......
Attached Thumbnails 34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-b1.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-b2.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-b3.jpg  

34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-b4.jpg  

Last edited by rak rua; 11-11-2015 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,248 Likes on 1,452 Posts

boat turned out great, and the water looks amazing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.