34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider

Notices

34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider

Old 10-01-2015, 04:44 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 491 Posts
Default 34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider

Firstly, sorry for the long read, I’ll try to keep it brief and get some photos up ASAP. love OSO, time to give something back.

I’m bored with my boat, have been trying to sell for some time and buy a 35 Executioner. Zero interest here (Thailand) it has been advertised very cheaply. The boat is spot on, well serviced 280 hrs on triple 275’s, stored inside all its life and very well optioned. I can’t sell it, so how can I make it more appealing (to me)?

I will never go fishing, I go island hopping about once a month with friends and cold drinks/lunch onboard. It’s always hot here, coldest months average about 88 degrees and humidity never drops below about 77%. The water is quite nasty, 4’-5’ chop most days and inconsistent from all directions. There is only one Mercury dealer (2 branches) in Thailand and they don’t service Mercury Racing engines, only outboards and black motors.
The boat handles the slop pretty well, has masses of room, the egg beaters are a dream to run and mid 60’s is fast enough for me considering the water conditions.

To answer my own question…….
Remove all the fishing stuff, the T-top, cut the centre console (cabin) height down, fit forward bow seating, new helm seating, decent rear lounge and some ‘go-fast striping’, just to make it look different. Shade is a must so reluctantly, fit a stainless targa arch with removable Sunbrella forward and aft.
The boat has shed more than 250 lbs, I can’t measure wind resistance but I’m sure it’s significantly reduced.

Please excuse the photos, I am not much of a photographer. Photos are taken with a phone camera and a small digital. some indoors, some outdoors and some during tropical thunderstorms!

I’m not spending anything like 60 or 70k trying to make this a luxury sports boat like a new Cig, Fountain, Donzi, O.L. etc so I have kept it simple albeit a little plain/practical.

First photo, you've probably seen 100's just like this.

RR.
Attached Thumbnails 34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-original.jpg  

Last edited by rak rua; 10-01-2015 at 10:06 AM.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:03 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

The heat here can be unbearable, all work is done outside and the Thais are very good at 'makeshift' stuff like creating a bit of shade for a workshop!
Attached Thumbnails 34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-2.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-1.jpg  
Old 10-01-2015, 05:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Part 1, actually did this about 6 months ago.
All the unnecessary drainage cracks in the floor were tidied up. Some panels are secured down with silicone and 3” self tappers. They are accessed by the hatch immediately aft and things like rods and dive gear slide forward. The hatches will never be lifted so let’s clean them up a bit. You can see in the last photo, some of those ugly and unnecessary lines have gone.
Attached Thumbnails 34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-4.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-1.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-2.jpg  

34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-3.jpg  
Old 10-01-2015, 05:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Install bow seating, simple U-shaped molded fiberglass, 3 large storage areas underneath and managed to match the existing vinyl beautifully. All my original vinyl is excellent so I was happy to get a match rather than start re-trimming the whole boat.
Necessary shade, had an ‘annexe’ made from Sunbrella and simply clips on to the 316 stainless supports when anchored off the beach. The supports just slide into stainless tube fittings on top of the deck sides similar to small rod holders, and store in the underfloor fish boxes when not in use.

You can see how much usable space there is in the bow, the little 2 person “Wakeyak” tow toy will give you a clue!

Hope to post some juicy stuff tomorrow, ripping apart the top and the cabin!
Attached Thumbnails 34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-7.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-5.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-6.jpg  

Old 10-01-2015, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 635 Likes on 259 Posts

There obviously is no J-LO bottom girls over there in Thailand by the looks of those skinny seats
Old 10-01-2015, 10:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

They're actually bigger than they look n the photos. I'm over 6' and can get pretty comfortable on them but to confirm your query, you are correct, and that's one of the things I like about Thailand!

RR
Old 10-01-2015, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, my buddy has a thai girl friend. She may weigh 95 pounds, by the way I asked her about your screen name. I like it!
Boat's looking good, more photos.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 72 Posts

Nice work! I am curious how that boat got all the way over there in the first place, someone must have wanted it pretty bad!
Old 10-01-2015, 02:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by buck35
Yeah, my buddy has a thai girl friend. She may weigh 95 pounds, by the way I asked her about your screen name. I like it!
Boat's looking good, more photos.
I can't be the only guy that googled after reading this.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wasted Income
I can't be the only guy that googled after reading this.
I've wondered for a while, and they were at my place one day out on their boat and ding !You're thai, what's this mean?
by the way RR they vacationed there last winter and he's ready to sell and move in a couple years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.