Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Restorations & Upgrades
Turbine Warlock Project >

Turbine Warlock Project

Notices

Turbine Warlock Project

Old 06-17-2019, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Set-up and Trim don't get much better than this. Aired Out and Surface Piercing. Thanks Pete Boden for the great shots over the past year.
Over 4000 miles have been put on it since May 5th 2018 and the only maintenance has been soap and water and about 4000 gallons of Jet-A

Old 05-12-2020, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Turbine Warlock Update.
May 5th, 2020 The Turbine Warlock was two years old since the first day she hit the water. 185 hours of operation and well over 6000 miles of running the turbine engine and drive-train have performed flawlessly and the only maintenance that was required was checking fluid levels and an occasional turbine wash. I'll gladly accept the slight increase of fuel burn and the sweet sound of the turbine engine over the continuous maintenance required on a comparable 1300 hp powered reciprocating engine.
Please, I am not bashing piston powered engines by no means! I love the sound of a BadAss Big Block. I have had and built my share of them and in most cases only a reciprocating engine will do.
I can hardly wait for this covid **** to be squashed and get back to the boating events.
https://www.youtube.com/user/gcmsinc..._as=subscriber
The following 4 users liked this post by GCMSINC:
KNOT-RIGHT (05-12-2020), rak rua (05-12-2020), smashm (05-13-2020), Tiki Joe (05-12-2020)
Old 08-27-2020, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 10 Posts

This thing is absolutely awesome! Props for the time and dedication you put into this. Definitely shows your work and craftmanship. What kind of mph can you see on it?