32 Skater Rebuild

Old 03-23-2019, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 117 Likes on 76 Posts

Old 03-23-2019, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

GreenLighting-

I sent you a PM - Give me a ring when you get a chance I would appreciate it. Love the jack and 1/2” spacer idea so simple yet very helpful. Thanks for the advice! Out in the barn today trying to figure out where to start and stop as far as filling holes and what not.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:54 AM
Registered

Calling all 32a owners. I need some info from you all! Started mocking up a bustle today to reduce the chance of someone getting stitches. I found some okay pics of 32a’s sitting in the water but I would love some actual measurements of how low the boat sits in the water at the stern and where the front of the sponson meets the water line. I tried finding water lines on the hull - inside of the tunnel too - to try and get a water line for the bustle set but have none on the boat. Boat will have 700SCI’s Huber trans and 1.5’ long drive shafts, and Arnesons for rigging / weight comparison to other 32’s.

any help and or measurements would be much appreciated!

pics I found for “guessing”

I believe the lifting eyes are just above water line kind of hard to see.... minus 5 people

Old 03-26-2019, 09:42 PM
Registered

Sanded for what seemed like hours tonight. Barns a mess. I’m itchy. Bed time. Mocked a bustle up. Thinking the portion above the rub rail will be cut out and I will continue the transom straight up into the extended deck for the bustle. Ordered a scale today aswell to mix resin. May be filling holes this weekend time will tell!

Blue tap represents transom continuing straight up to meet the deck

Played with the most rear line. Not sure if I like this one. Would make the top deck shorter

Maybe... probably not

I like this the best so far

Half way!

Made a beach 😁

Trying to keep after it! Works been crazy lately hopefully fully sanded tomorrow night.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Good times right there!!! Keep trying different styles until your happy with the look, it took us a few different designs before we were happy.

That transom has has some history for sure, sixes, bravos, sixes now arnesons!
Old 03-27-2019, 07:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 111scoundrel
Good times right there!!! Keep trying different styles until your happy with the look, it took us a few different designs before we were happy.

That transom has has some history for sure, sixes, bravos, sixes now arnesons!
I believe it started life as a bravo boat. Then to six’s. And when I bought the hull it has bravos on it.

got the whole transom sanded down to glass tonight and not done yet! Going to get the saws all out 🤞🏻
Old 03-27-2019, 09:32 PM
Registered

Found some pretty interesting things later on this evening

Old 04-03-2019, 12:48 AM
Registered

Got a little wild tonight

Found some moisture and figured I was this far into it and a new transom is in the works. Then I will Atleast know exactly what I’ve got

Hope to have all of it off tomorrow

I was surprised to find the transom was butted up to the hull instead of dropped inside of the hull
Old 04-06-2019, 07:50 PM
Registered

Default LOTO Trip!

At the Miami boat show I talked to Rusty from Performnace Boat Center locates at LOTO. I asked if they had any spare windshields around and I finally got a chance to drive down and pick it up this weekend. It’s a window off of a 36 or 42 wright performance cat (they fit both boats - same shield). That place is BADAZZ!!! Many cool projects going on here and I was shocked at the amount of folks they’ve got working there. Special thank you to Rusty and Myrick for all of their help and advice!

Going to have to A: cut some out of the middle of the window or B: widen the cockpit. I would love to widen it and have some room but I’m not sure how deep I want to get into it! Pretty soon I’m going to have to go visit Pete and just ask if he would build me a new deck LOL.

Old 04-09-2019, 12:13 PM
Registered

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.