Donzi Black Hawk steering >

Donzi Black Hawk steering

Notices

Donzi Black Hawk steering

Old 04-10-2019, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Donzi Black Hawk steering

Hey guys I am in the process of replacing the plastic insert on my dashboard, it is the one that all the toggles switches, lighter, ignition and planer switches are located. I got all the electrical moved out of the way for now and that leaves the steering assembly and this is where I find myself asking for a bit of assistance. I am going to build an aluminum dash panel and powder coat it flat black drill it for all the accessories etc. but I need to get the steering assembly out of the way. the assembly is a Morse Controls D306900 and looks to have and in and an out hydraulic lines on it, the steering wheel is off and everything is loose but I somehow need to split the front and back of this steering assembly to get everything away from the dash board. Is there a way to accomplish this that is even a little bit trouble free, any ideas on this would sure be appreciated!!!

Thanks much
Karl
Old 04-12-2019, 03:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 393 Likes on 143 Posts

Does the boat have full hyd. steering and is it power?
Old 04-12-2019, 05:10 PM
Registered

Hello Team Archer the way the steering gets hydraulic power is in the steering wheel itself when you turn the wheel it compresses pistons which create hydraulic pressure for the system to function. The cylinder in the back which connects to my out drive is a 2 way cylinder, and I mean by that is its powered both ways. In all my research on this it appears that my system sure looks like a Seastar pump assembly but on that area behind the steering wheel it says Morse Controls D306900 if that helps at all.

Thanks much for lending and idea on this Team Archer!

Karl
Old 04-12-2019, 06:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 393 Likes on 143 Posts

That is considered a manual hyd. steering and Sea Star and Morse are the same company. there should be 3 or 4 studs that go thru the dash to hold the pump on is the pump on the out side of the dash ? were you add fluid. you will have to disconnect the hyd. lines to remove. Regards Dan
Old 04-12-2019, 09:22 PM
Registered

Dan the pump is on the outside of the dash. I will take the lines off tomorrow and pull the pump out of the dash, I was on the right road but needed a bit of reinforcement on my procedure Dan. Thanks again for your assistance!!

Karl