Notices

502 upgrade

Old 09-27-2019, 01:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 886 Likes on 412 Posts

A kid in the local fb car club bought a blueprint 468 for his camaro. Now, I had NOTHING to do with it other than doing his transmission. He ate the ends of pushrods off on guideplates because they used cheap, chinese guideplates that werent deep enough (He didnt know why). Instead of fixing it, he sent it back, it did it again. I went over the second time and took a look, i told him the pushrod was clearly binding and not seated in the hole in rocker arm, amateur mistake IMO. He called them back a third time, they told him the only way to fix his problem was to upgrade to aluminum heads, I had to laugh, how about making sure everything has CLEARANCE!
Old 09-27-2019, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 58 Posts

I spent 15 with machine work for top quality everything. It’s not worth it to try and skimp. Your going to get bit in the ass.
Old 09-27-2019, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 600 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by ethanon1
Which way would you go. I have two newer 502 mag mpi's. I'm either going to pull them and sell them complete or build them. What the best bang for the buck? Build these or sell and put new drop ins. Think about going to twin 540s carb motors.
How many hours and what are you going to ask for them?