Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Restorations & Upgrades
Fountain 47, 2372cid single engine diesel >

Fountain 47, 2372cid single engine diesel

Notices

Fountain 47, 2372cid single engine diesel

Old 08-08-2024, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

look at post 339 and the 3rd photo you will see a planetary setup in the middle of the photo. i can understand the gearbox but the planetary is not a 1:1 ratio and it has no function with the gears that i can understand. is it just something that was sitting on the bench or
Old Yesterday, 02:36 AM
Registered

Received 415 Likes on 115 Posts

Planetary gears are from ZF transmission, there are three of them. Planetary next to splitbox picture is transmission output shaft that connect to biggest spur gear in splitbox. Splitbox will be part of transmission, not separate piece, but it will have different oil than transmission.
The following 2 users liked this post by ksalmine:
IGetWet (Today), Wildman_grafix (Yesterday)
Old Today, 12:44 AM
Registered

Received 415 Likes on 115 Posts

Forgot to say that transmission planetaries are 1:1 ratio in 4. gear. All planetaries are locked up so transmission act like straight shaft through its housing. It can take up more power in 4. gear than others, power come in by two rotating clutches and input shafts, on all other gears there is only one rotating clutch closed. All planetary brakes are also open in 4. gear, efficiency should be better.
The following users liked this post:
IGetWet (Today)