Custom Aluminum Swim Platform

Notices

Custom Aluminum Swim Platform

Old 02-02-2023, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Custom Aluminum Swim Platform

Hello,

I was looking for recommendations on a custom aluminum swim platform for my 1988 Formula 223 Ls. I recently redid the transom and stringers and do not want to put the ugly "damaged" fiberglass one back on. I reached out to EXTREME MARINE and the response I received was that they are no longer in business (bummer). I also reached out to WESTCOASTOFFSHORE but they quoted me between $3500-$3900 not including a ladder or freight cost which seems pretty pricey in my eyes. Is there another reputable company out there that makes these or am I S.O.L. and have to bite the bullet and spend the money at WESTCOASTOFFSHORE. Please let me know, and thanks in advance
Old 02-06-2023, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AMF marine.. last I knew he was high dollar too.
Old 02-06-2023, 08:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 559 Likes on 263 Posts

I'm pretty sure AMF in Ohio is not building platforms anymore, since he is big into Marine Mat installations now. Your going to spend almost 3k minimum anywhere on a platform. Mine was 2k pre-covid rates and that was just for a the frame built with tabs for a removable top plate. No top included since I designed my own and had it cut here locally.
The following users liked this post:
Bmer (02-07-2023)
Old 02-06-2023, 08:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 559 Likes on 263 Posts

I'm pretty sure AMF in Ohio is not building platforms anymore, since he is big into Marine Mat installations now. Your going to spend almost 3k minimum anywhere on a platform. Mine was 2k pre-covid rates and that was just for a the bare frame built with tabs for a removable top plate. No top included since I designed my own and had it cut here locally as well as all the powdercoat was done locally. So all in all I had almost 3k in it by the time everything was completely finished.

Last edited by bencini231; 02-06-2023 at 08:55 PM.
Old 02-07-2023, 09:26 AM
BEACH PARTY
Platinum Member

Received 1,289 Likes on 722 Posts

AMF's website specifically advertises their platforms as part of their business (site has new layout with a 2023 copyright).

https://www.amfmarine.com/

I had them do the platform on my 311 and couldn't have been happier with the outcome. They now how to make the platform so it conforms with the shape of the Formula transom. I spent about $2.5k with a boarding ladder and shipping.

I'd give them a call.

And kudos for getting rid of that transom ruining platform! Formula builds a good boat but their platform idea was the worst.
The following users liked this post:
cheech (02-07-2023)