Never again, Again ! >

Never again, Again !

Notices

Never again, Again !

Old 09-03-2024, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 499 Likes on 257 Posts
Default Never again, Again !

Ok, i realize you guys don't know who nautique jeff is, he owns planetnautique.com and restores newer ski boats in a very hi end way. If you wanted a pristine condition ski boat call Jeff for sure.

you want a ski boat, trust me, you want a ski boat. big fun small package, little hotrods.

I will also say with confidence you can call and trust Sandra, the owner of C S Marine in New Jersey https://www.candsmarine.com/

For any marine upholstery needs, hers is the only licsensed shop to reproduce factory color, pattern and embroidery of correct craft / nautique.

Please see the attached link.

By the way this thread is across 3 boating sites so i'm copy n pasting

I bought the 96 nautique open bow from Nautique Jeff that he has listed for sale.

The sale included everything minus the engine and transmission.

I spoke with Sandra the owner of CS Marine in New Jersey and the remaining interior items are getting shipped to me.

First off, Jeff. Solid guy who stepped up and made a good deal a better deal by trailering the boat from North Carolina to Orlando. Obviously Jeffs a busy guy and had a reason to travel to Orlando but trailering the boat down as something he didn't need to do.

It gets better, 0400 the 21st en route to the er i call Jeff and leave a message, on the way to the hospital, hold off. Later that day from the hospital we text back and forth. Released on the next day and back home by 2030 hrs and Jeff says he'll come down monday with the boat.

So he put his business on hold over the weekend and delivered the boat in Orlando that monday.

Honest, straight to the point, clearly attached to these boats and his work, Jeff (Nautique Jeff) is a solid stand up guy that i wouldn't hesitate to do business with or reccomend him to my family, friends, and the members across 3 boating sites I belong to.

Next, Sandra at CS Marine in Jersey.

https://www.candsmarine.com/

Sandras shop is the only uholstery business licsened by correctcraft to reproduce factory vynil, color, patterns and embroidery and in business for 40 years. Please visit the link and read up about her shop and the work they do.

More to the point, I spoke with Sandra over the phone and upon hearing I was taking on the 96 nautique project from Jeff she offered to crate up and ship the remaining interior parts to me.

The combing pads are long and in order to help save on shipping she offered to make paper templates of them. Sandra has gone over and above helping me with this project and the rest of this story will have to wait until i speak with her again to forward the shipping costs.

Suffice to say Sandra turned the great deal that Jeff made me into an incredible deal.

Again, across 3 boating websites I will reccomend to all members that i wouldn't hesitate to do business with Sandra (C S Marine in New Jersey) as well as reccomend her to my family and friends.

I could go on about Jeff and Sandra both as to how they act professionaly as well as to the personality traits i observed while meeting and talking with them.

I can't thank enough for their time and help afforded to me connection with this project by both Jeff and Sandra.

We all know who Jeff is and the great work he does restoring these ski boats.Please consider calling Sandra at C S Marine for licsensed nautique upholstery as well as any upholstery needs you may have in any boat.

Pics in a couple days, parts cleaned, carpet pulled off and out to the bow eye (saving for patterns) including the carpet on the underneath of the bow rider. Who puts carpet there?

Thank you again,

Dan
Old 09-03-2024, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 368 Likes on 196 Posts

Well this is time I'll never get back.

Padraig
The following users liked this post:
sonicss42 (09-03-2024)
Old 09-03-2024, 05:21 PM
Registered

the 96 is a no wood boat, stringers are fiberglass, interior components are roto molded, fiberglass or plastic foam board and covered in either carpet or vynil.

No wood stringers, blocking, backing, interior, nothing, for sure it's not rotted. Hopefully it won't need cut open.
10 hours over 2 days cleaning out leaves carpet and bees nests .
Old Yesterday, 07:14 PM
Registered

Looking aft. The beginning of a little looksee, how wet could it aahh shjt it's a sponge. Sponge by the way is the latin word for correct craft

Looking forward, the hump next to the cooler is the driver seat base.

Forward floor pan, it was still foam filled under it and foam filled bow eye to transom.

Looking forward, all the voids under the floor pan were full of water. The big cavity in the middle is the cooler and battery box, to the right is under the driver seat base, it was full of water.

Now with even more silicone !!

Even the foam filled stringers are completely soaked

No wood in our design means no rot ! They're still sponges tho so if you want a surf boat save yourself 300 grand and buy a used slalom boat.
The following users liked this post:
resurrected (Today)
Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM
Registered

No idea why they use foam, might as well fill em up with water at the factory. 9 bags, at least 500 pounds.

Old Yesterday, 07:30 PM
Registered

Last edited by outonsafari; Yesterday at 07:36 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:59 PM
Registered

Received 920 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by outonsafari

Looking aft. The beginning of a little looksee, how wet could it aahh shjt it's a sponge. Sponge by the way is the latin word for correct craft

Looking forward, the hump next to the cooler is the driver seat base.

Forward floor pan, it was still foam filled under it and foam filled bow eye to transom.

Looking forward, all the voids under the floor pan were full of water. The big cavity in the middle is the cooler and battery box, to the right is under the driver seat base, it was full of water.

Now with even more silicone !!

Even the foam filled stringers are completely soaked

No wood in our design means no rot ! They're still sponges tho so if you want a surf boat save yourself 300 grand and buy a used slalom boat.
I don’t get it. Ok save yourself 300k and don’t buy the brah boat, but why go through all this on a boat like this? It might as well be rotten wood. Nice soft rotten wood may of cleaned up easier. You say these are well built fun boats, but then it looks like just as much of a turd if not more than anything else out there.

Just trying to understand where this thread is going lol.
Old Today, 05:19 PM
Registered

They are all 3 ! Fun, well built boats, and a turd like all the other ones.

the hull is built good, assembly sucks and they cover it up with fit and finish which people buy and call build qualty.
(the foam comes out easy and it won't need stringers to be rebuilt, i'm just b*tching to b*tch)

It is a turd, save 300g's and buy a used ski boat because they are full of water unlike what you hear in the church of ski boat.

they are fun, they drive/handle real good, are small light easy to tow, park etc and are cheap easy pick ups unlike a 16-18 donzi which i prefer but that's a very small church and you must first pass a history test about the brand and the man in order to prove your loyalty, love and admiration for both.

Then, maybe then, the elders will think about voting as to wether or not you may be considered to be an acceptable caretaker of an old resin bucket and that vote has to happen before an old donzi is even offered for sale.

don't bother asking about one for sale with out being pre accepted and approved by the church elders, they're busy double checking if the present acceptee is still in good standing.

Or the moderators could just delete this thread for me.

Griff, will you delete this thread for me please ?

thank you muchacho !
Old Today, 05:42 PM
BEACH PARTY / HOLLOWPOINT
Platinum Member

Received 1,305 Likes on 732 Posts

Lol
Old Today, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 920 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by outonsafari
They are all 3 ! Fun, well built boats, and a turd like all the other ones.

the hull is built good, assembly sucks and they cover it up with fit and finish which people buy and call build qualty.
(the foam comes out easy and it won't need stringers to be rebuilt, i'm just b*tching to b*tch)

It is a turd, save 300g's and buy a used ski boat because they are full of water unlike what you hear in the church of ski boat.

they are fun, they drive/handle real good, are small light easy to tow, park etc and are cheap easy pick ups unlike a 16-18 donzi which i prefer but that's a very small church and you must first pass a history test about the brand and the man in order to prove your loyalty, love and admiration for both.

Then, maybe then, the elders will think about voting as to wether or not you may be considered to be an acceptable caretaker of an old resin bucket and that vote has to happen before an old donzi is even offered for sale.

don't bother asking about one for sale with out being pre accepted and approved by the church elders, they're busy double checking if the present acceptee is still in good standing.

Or the moderators could just delete this thread for me.

Griff, will you delete this thread for me please ?

thank you muchacho !
😂

nope all makes sense now! Ridden in enough back in the day, and yea, like you said, it’s like you have to be invited to own one.

But **** didn’t think they’d be that ****ty. 😉

PS where’d my 496 go?