Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Restorations & Upgrades
Holley Sniper on a little 3.0L Mercruiser >

Holley Sniper on a little 3.0L Mercruiser

Notices

Holley Sniper on a little 3.0L Mercruiser

Old Today, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So Holley completely turned me off of their product. After a tech told me that they weren’t going to offer a distributor that would work with it. I followed up with a question about how it would handle an ignition interruption ( since it’s come up in some reviews ) and to see if there was any way to counter act it in software. And the guys answer was basically that it would never work correctly and would start to flood the engine…. As much as I want FI, and as much as I’m pretty sure that the Delco EST could be used and tuned in like I’m thinking. The fact that support is basically like yeah no. Suggests that they wouldn’t help even with hardware issues…. All they have to do is admit that there are 3rd party distributors that will work and offer some help on instructions on how to make it work to expand their audience.

I think Fitec acknowledges that other magnetic distributors can be used, but Fitec is 4bbl only and they don’t offer USCG compliant marine products so my search ends with Holley not being an option..

My only other, other option is to obtain a TBI wiring harness, and a marine spec Rochester TBI and have an ECU written to run the 3.0L. But the question is how far down the rabbit hole to I really want to go