Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Saber
Any 28s around for sale? >

Any 28s around for sale?

Notices

Any 28s around for sale?

Old 01-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anybody know first hand what kind of speed it runs ??
I see no reason why it wouldn't be right around the triple digit mark , making 650 per side. Either way the boat has to be scary fast !!

& Yes before anybody says anything I totally agree those power plants would look right at home sitting in a certian other Saber I know of.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 310 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
Anybody know first hand what kind of speed it runs ??
I see no reason why it wouldn't be right around the triple digit mark , making 650 per side. Either way the boat has to be scary fast !!

& Yes before anybody says anything I totally agree those power plants would look right at home sitting in a certian other Saber I know of.
I remember the owner saying the speed was in the 80's. I want to say upper 80's, but not sure.

Hey Scott, regretting the swap idear yet? That would have been sweet.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
I remember the owner saying the speed was in the 80's. I want to say upper 80's, but not sure.

Hey Scott, regretting the swap idear yet? That would have been sweet.
If it is making 650 per side & it is running 80's ( even high 80's ) I would have to think it is set up a bit on the conservative side & has some mph left on the table !

As far as the swap goes I would love to have ended up with those motors but $$$ is mostly always an issue for me.

BTW... Andy were are pics. of your Apache ??? As much as you post I figured we would all know every nook & kranny of it by now ????? LOL.........
Old 01-18-2008, 05:10 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

scottie, you may want to call Laz Mesa about the 28 he setup.
That boat was putting up big numbers with very mild rebuilds on 500hps... if my memory serves me right.
Dang... even a 28pantera w/ 525efi's is running low 90s.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 310 Likes on 182 Posts

If it is making 650 per side & it is running 80's ( even high 80's ) I would have to think it is set up a bit on the conservative side & has some mph left on the table !

As far as the swap goes I would love to have ended up with those motors but $$$ is mostly always an issue for me.

BTW... Andy were are pics. of your Apache ??? As much as you post I figured we would all know every nook & kranny of it by now ????? LOL.........
I agree on the numbers, sounded odd to me too. Maybe he meant he has had it to upper 80's. Takes balls to run that fast in a 28.

Boat pics.......yah I don't like to toot my own horn..........to much I haven't taken many pictures because it too dayum cold and grey every time I go to the lake. Besides, I'd figure I'd show some more this summer when I got some some honey's with me. I found this pic today.
Attached Thumbnails Any 28s around for sale?-pict5588-custom-.jpg  
Old 01-18-2008, 11:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Stormrider
scottie, you may want to call Laz Mesa about the 28 he setup.
That boat was putting up big numbers with very mild rebuilds on 500hps... if my memory serves me right.
Dang... even a 28pantera w/ 525efi's is running low 90s.
Wich boat was that ??
Old 01-18-2008, 11:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
I agree on the numbers, sounded odd to me too. Maybe he meant he has had it to upper 80's. Takes balls to run that fast in a 28.

Boat pics.......yah I don't like to toot my own horn..........to much I haven't taken many pictures because it too dayum cold and grey every time I go to the lake. Besides, I'd figure I'd show some more this summer when I got some some honey's with me. I found this pic today.
The boat looks great !!

I agree 650 hp per side in any 28 takes a big set to run hard no doubt !!! Just for comparison when J.D. had my boat it had 650 a side & though I am sure that they made a bit more torque due to them being larger inch motors , The boat ran 104-105 mph on GPS. I would also think the #5's would eat up a bit more HP than those bravo's ...

So thats just 1 reason I say the boat has more potential than 80's... Be it conservitavly setup ,Conservitavly driven , or 80's is as fast as he has wanted to run the boat Either way it is alot of boat for the coin & would make somebody a bad ride !!!

Last edited by littledcsrodshop; 01-18-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:31 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Wich boat was that ??
Here be the link...

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=84884
Old 01-19-2008, 10:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Thanks Storm ,

I don't want to start crap or be a pessimist but those are some pretty big claims no doubt !!!
Refresh my mind on exactly wich boat that was , Was it the yellow boat with the white bottom ? Ifs I think it is out west now ??
Old 01-19-2008, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when J.D. had my boat it had 650 a side
I think that 650 number was a "little" conservative from what I've been told.

Attached is a picture of the 110MPH/580HP Saber
Attached Thumbnails Any 28s around for sale?-105-0510_img.jpg  

Quick Reply: Any 28s around for sale?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.