Fuel Tanks >

Fuel Tanks

Notices

Fuel Tanks

Old 11-15-2011, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Fuel Tanks

So I don't want to keep jacking up Art's thread but I'm curious what the rest of you guys have for tanks, and some basic measurements ?'s

I was thinking like 53-56's off the top of my foggy head the other night, but mine was just now crying "give me some attention" so I just checked and from the factory my boat has twin 59 galloners.. They measure 56" from the inside of the transom, and on the front end of things they measure 20" from the bulkhead on the entry of the cabin (cockpit side of the bulkhead & basically from the cabin door)

Since my cockpit is not normal size this seemed to be the most accurate way for me to get a simple common measurement for comparison..

I would love to hear what you guys have ? Twins & Singles..

Last edited by littledcsrodshop; 11-15-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:52 AM
Registered

I have twin tanks, labeled 63 gallons I believe each. They are mounted under the floor each side of center. I will measure next time I get over there, but I know they extend into the engine compartment just enough to get at them, and go forward past the inspection ports under the bolsters.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:19 PM
Registered

I didn't see Art's thread he posted a few months ago regarding tank placement until now, or else I would have just posted there.. But hey it's not as if we are flowing with action around here so all is well.. haha !!

Yeah Eric if you get a chance I would love to hear some measurements off the transom, ect.. My tanks are like most others are describing as being visible from the engine compartment, (maybe 4-6" orso) but my rear bulkhead is further forward than others so that reference point is no good & the reason I measured off the transom..

I also have "inspection ports" under my bolsters as well, but also have 2 in the cabin at the front of the tanks, but my cabin has 2 recessed coolers as you enter the cabin & that's where my 2 forward inspection ports are located, which may of may not apply to other boats ?? Anyways if we had a few measurements off the transom & a capacity them an educated gues would work form there as far as placement goes..
Old 11-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Registered

Btw: if my trailer axles are any idea of where the center of gravity was on my boat originally I'm guessing it was near the rear.. haha !!
Old 11-17-2011, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey it looks busy with more threads haha.I hope yours is going to be ok, meaning you won't need more weight out back. if so I got a new 88gal tank coming out it looks. I am going to put a tank in the cockpit floor, hope a 90 to 120 gals. but will pull the 88 out from the boat, so if I need to move the motor 6 or 8'' theres room to do it. or I am going to list my konrad in the classifieds, with the box tranny steering. if it sells leave my tank along and buy a imco scx. or max set up, and redo the transom again set the drive at 5 or 5 1/2'' since the bravo1s like it at 5 1/2''. I'll see what sells or not. I got two sets of steering and a full helm set up for sale, but no one comes threw with the money so. I'll keep one and keep my hp gimbal I have. 2 to 3grand to do the transom over. for what I have in this now, I could of bought a 04 31 sutphen with xr and 800hp. but it came in my price range after I bought the 572 in pieces and the konrad. if I was a beting man, I'd day with the tank up front tranny inside a small 8'' shaft slip joint to drive on box would be perfect. but saber didn't recall me saying the tranny was in the box. if he did he agrees with me now to put one in the floor. hell I am the g pig for konrad and saber. also was pmed to straighten out the bottom might help. I am going to ask 2 more builders I think might agree to do the bottom 1st. or that and tank up front. I just want this ***** to run, well it did 80 with k planes 3/4 down or more haha. and I still had some left nice hearing the whine at 5 gs. back to tanks so yours are one in front of another or side by side.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:47 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
Btw: if my trailer axles are any idea of where the center of gravity was on my boat originally I'm guessing it was near the rear.. haha !!
I love the trip trailers.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Registered

My factory tanks are side by side & under the floor between the stringers.. The tanks I fabbed are (2) 40 gal D-Shaped saddle tanks and are approx 4' long that will sit in the engine compartment..

My factory tanks are drained and capped off right now, but could be ready to use at any time..

So technicly I can carry 198 gal. incase I need to run to Cuba and back for anything.. :juco:
Old 11-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Registered

Red face

My factory tanks are side by side & under the floor between the stringers.. The tanks I fabbed are (2) 40 gal D-Shaped saddle tanks and are approx 4' long that will sit in the engine compartment..

My factory tanks are drained and capped off right now, but could be ready to use at any time..

So technicly I can carry 198 gal. incase I need to run to Cuba and back for anything.. :juco:
Great, I am hoping the best for you, since your boat was balance for two motors. now your going with one but, since your using the new tanks that should do the trick. MAN I just thought with my x being higher, the gas tank staying behind the seat would work.when it was out, there was so much more room. the boats being winterized by me tomorrow , I can't see going out sunday again . plus if I didn't need anymore surgeries and could work full time, this wouldn't bother me.I just found out my doc, that I wanted to use is still out on leave. so its use the hack that did my replacement or look for a new doc. the one that did my shoulder last winter only does that. and I am putting off doing my other shoulder, because going to the gym has lessen the pain to liveable. but the knees and back are unbearable even with percs. which is sad. and I have a trigger finger now WTF. its my middle finger course.. I am going to talk to bblades too, send him the px5 to see if he can help out. my herring prop slipped more than the max or px5, so thats up for sale. whats your plans for the winter? are you going to geter done. the two runs where I gave it some juice got me pumped. I regret selling the b1 drive and 2'' polished lower,I should of stayed with that,I am starting to think. but the konrad is real beefy looking up top. so its got to be stronger. oh with the guys with tanks in the floor sticking in the bilge, I have 3 bulkheads from the motor to the front of the back seat. I would cut one out and run the tank against the back seat but thats it. hope it leaves me a 100 gals. love the boat. wish I ordered a blank back in 1990,I think it was 18,000. no cabin, but had bolsters/ back seat/ steering. so a 454=500 to 575hp race motor was 10grand from my builder and my merc guy wanted I think 6 grand for a b1 drive /gimbal back then. wish I did it, even though the baja was a blast. but I did a lot of add ons to it. sorry for getting off track. so whats up. Artie
Old 11-17-2011, 09:50 PM
Registered

I give you allot of credit for tackling your project while dealing with the pain issues you have .. I hope things get looking better for you..

Keep after the boat & you guys will figure it out..

Mine is only about 4yrs behind schedule & not trying to make excuses but allot has changed since I bought the boat an although we have been covered up here at the shop, expendable "boat money" is not what it used to be.. But as the ole saying goes "hindsight is always 20/20" and if I had known it was going to drag out this long the boat would have had 2 XR ITS's hanging off the back along with 2 sbc's under the hatch and been in the water 3yrs ago.. However I don't let that kind of stuff bother me and I believe the decisions I made at that time where the right one's, and I still stand by that today for a few reasons (even if that does sound like a contradiction).. If it were not for Eddie's help & friendship at YPM it wouldn't be as far along as it is and the engine would still be sitting on the stand.. I've had several other people help along the journey as well with stuff that may not have meant much to them at the time but meant a Ton to me, so needles to say the list will be long when it hits the water !!

On a more optimistic note my wife has an interview tuesday so we are hopping & praying for good news there..

Last edited by littledcsrodshop; 11-17-2011 at 10:07 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:57 PM
Registered

Red face

I give you allot of credit for tackling your project while dealing with the pain issues you have .. I hope things get looking better for you..

Keep after the boat & you guys will figure it out..

Mine is only about 4yrs behind schedule & not trying to make excuses but allot has changed since I bought the boat an although we have been covered up here at the shop, expendable "boat money" is not what it used to be.. But as the ole saying goes "hindsight is always 20/20" and if I had known it was going to drag out this long the boat would have had 2 XR ITS's hanging off the back along with 2 sbc's under the hatch and been in the water 3yrs ago.. However I don't let that kind of stuff bother me and I believe the decisions I made at that time where the right one's, and I still stand by that today for a few reasons (even if that does sound like a contradiction).. If it were not for Eddie's help & friendship at YPM it wouldn't be as far along as it is and the engine would still be sitting on the stand.. I've had several other people help along the journey as well with stuff that may not have meant much to them at the time but meant a Ton to me, so needles to say the list will be long when it hits the water !!

On a more optimistic note my wife has an interview tuesday so we are hopping & praying for good news there..
I wish her well. I spent part of Thanksgiving Day in the hospital. I had two lumps under my arm from last month and a bite on my ribs a spider or tick. well I had this hugh red spot by wens, so they took me into the OR and the doc shot me up and cut two out, to test for mrsa. so I have open wounds and missed the whloe weekend. had them pull the drains or wicks out saturday. but while I was numb, I got to cut the turkey. I still have one left, but he thought it would go away with meds. my luck sux. very painful with the wicks in, kind of like what I had 4th of july.my knee will fall off for xmass, keep us posted on your boat. Artie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.