Saber Rally 2013 >

Saber Rally 2013

Notices

Saber Rally 2013

Old 01-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Saber Rally 2013

Time to start planning 3rd Annual Saber Rally!

I have been getting some pressure to get things lined up for this year so here we go.......

For any of you who have not attended in the past, the Saber Rally is an informal fun run/weekend that anyone is welcome to attend.

Some locations that have been discussed for this years run include
Traverse City, MI
Lake St. Clair, MI
Kelleys Island/SW Lake Erie, OH
Grand Haven, MI

I am still open to suggestions, and will plan for whatever the group chooses. Also if anyone else is interested in doing the planning and has some ideas feel free.

Our traditional date is the third weekend in July, this year it falls on the 19,20,21. I have no problem with that date this year and have had some others already confirm it. If there is a conflict let me know.

One issue that may be of some concern in planning this year is the low water levels, who knows where they will be by next summer?????

Lets get some feedback going on the location/date, and see where everone is at. Will post a reminder on the FB site as well.

O
Old 01-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

I'm good with the date. I think the area that may have the biggest issue with water level is Lake St. Clair. I know Lake Michigan is down about 2ft right now but the shipping channel/grand river will be dredged I'm sure.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dates are good with us!
i will travel anywhere - doesnt matter to us
Old 01-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 110 Likes on 80 Posts

Chris, happy new year, how you guys doing? I take it you still have your boat? That weekend, the 20 LEOPA is having a fun run out of middle bass island. There might be a few other go fast around that weekend
Old 01-10-2013, 12:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dale, happy new year to also! i think we need to make it a point to get together this year!
Old 01-11-2013, 05:48 AM
Registered

Here's what has me hesitant about LSC. Check out the link below.I'm sure the levels will come back up, but who can say how much. If we're stuck running the shipping lane, that will limit our options.
just my 2¢

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ir-water.html? a3532c46bafdc7c44
Old 01-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Saber Steve
Here's what has me hesitant about LSC. Check out the link below.I'm sure the levels will come back up, but who can say how much. If we're stuck running the shipping lane, that will limit our options.
just my 2¢

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ir-water.html? a3532c46bafdc7c44
It was tough getting into the Moot last summer, if water is down any more might be impossible, not to mention all the marina/launch/bar cuts. Winter is not cooperating either.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

kelley's is always a great time... i would'nt mind going back up to TC either.. what about charlevoix?
Old 01-11-2013, 01:04 PM
Registered

Charleviox is nice too, you can go in the big lake or into Lake Charleviox depending on weather. Town isnt as big as TC and is more exclusive/high rent vacation feel. It is definately an option.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 301 Likes on 105 Posts

Or you can start in TC and run to Charlevoix and back. About 50 miles each way.

All the options sound fun in their own way, don't think you can go wrong with any, but you know my vote!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.