-2 Lowers >

-2 Lowers

Notices

-2 Lowers

Old 04-30-2023, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Going back to this subject

I have upped my HP this year to about 720 per side. I'm running -1" at this point. Will probably get in the water in a week or so. Does anyone have anything else to add. I'm contemplating going back to standars length as I don't think -2" was of much benefit. I may play with props at -1" that I have now just to see. All calculations say should be just about the century mark.
The following users liked this post:
hogie roll (04-30-2023)
Old 07-21-2023, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RBeyer
I have upped my HP this year to about 720 per side. I'm running -1" at this point. Will probably get in the water in a week or so. Does anyone have anything else to add. I'm contemplating going back to standars length as I don't think -2" was of much benefit. I may play with props at -1" that I have now just to see. All calculations say should be just about the century mark.
That seems strange that you didn't see an improvement with the Shorties. My Drives must have been deeper to begin with than yours...
That is huge power! You should see well over 100!! Good Luck!
(BTW, I tested a month or so ago with a set of 5 blade Maximus' and it jumped on plane and ran flat with the same speed! I'm use to having to trim it up quite a bit to get a peak mph, the 5 blades were amazing with the control they gave. The driver I had with me said it felt much more in control the entire time.) So I'm looking for a set...
Old 07-24-2023, 08:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FunHome
That seems strange that you didn't see an improvement with the Shorties. My Drives must have been deeper to begin with than yours...
That is huge power! You should see well over 100!! Good Luck!
(BTW, I tested a month or so ago with a set of 5 blade Maximus' and it jumped on plane and ran flat with the same speed! I'm use to having to trim it up quite a bit to get a peak mph, the 5 blades were amazing with the control they gave. The driver I had with me said it felt much more in control the entire time.) So I'm looking for a set...
I get my 36s back tomorrow from BBLADES, the goal is to test again for baseline and see where we are. I'm expecting more RPM and speed but still high slip. We are them going back to standard length and testing again. We should be where I want or may send back for a final quick tweak from BBLADES.
The next week should be very telling. I have considered 5 blades but it planes amazingly now, basically no bow rise at all. I can only trim to about 6 now with mechanical indicators and it slows down over. I'm hoping to get a little more trim with depth and lose slip. I worry about 5 blades being hard on a drive.
Old 08-21-2023, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 257 Likes on 103 Posts

got my -2 imcos less than one hundred hours ago and one has already **** the bed. 650 hp, only been on elk and torch lakes, no big air shots on lake michigan etc. royal purple gear oil , easy planning, less than 1 hour i'm guessing between 80 and 94 mph. having mr. gadgets redo it. if you are switching back to std. lowers and want to sell the imco's let me know.
Old 08-21-2023, 11:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SABER28
got my -2 imcos less than one hundred hours ago and one has already **** the bed. 650 hp, only been on elk and torch lakes, no big air shots on lake michigan etc. royal purple gear oil , easy planning, less than 1 hour i'm guessing between 80 and 94 mph. having mr. gadgets redo it. if you are switching back to std. lowers and want to sell the imco's let me know.
I still am running the IMCOs but added 2" spacers to take it back to standard depth. It definitely runs best there. I am spinning 36s tweaked by BBlades. Mathematically should run faster but after talking to Brett and Doug we have determined that Hydrodynamics is beating HP. Has so far run a best of 97. That is about 20% slip. We are at 12% slip at 75 mph. So it's losing to the Hydrodynamic side.Maybe try running the Drive Guardians, they are definitely drive saviors for me. I'm making 720 HP per side. I'm on short lakes so I will take the quick that it has and I know 97 is nothing to sneeze at, just won't break the Century mark!
Old 08-22-2023, 09:34 PM
Registered

maybe i'm just not sensitive or dont pay close enough attention but i didnt notice much of a difference with the imcos, good or bad. handling and turning feels the same . maybe a mile or two at best. spin getting on plane, no big problem. look cool!

all this stuff gets confusing and expensive really quick.

there is a 28 called "ballistic" that runs some big power, curious what his set up is?
Old 08-22-2023, 09:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RBeyer
I still am running the IMCOs but added 2" spacers to take it back to standard depth. It definitely runs best there. I am spinning 36s tweaked by BBlades. Mathematically should run faster but after talking to Brett and Doug we have determined that Hydrodynamics is beating HP. Has so far run a best of 97. That is about 20% slip. We are at 12% slip at 75 mph. So it's losing to the Hydrodynamic side.Maybe try running the Drive Guardians, they are definitely drive saviors for me. I'm making 720 HP per side. I'm on short lakes so I will take the quick that it has and I know 97 is nothing to sneeze at, just won't break the Century mark!
when you say runs best at std depth are you talking top speed, planning, mid range?
Old 08-23-2023, 12:40 AM
Registered

After way too many changes and stepping it back one at a time yes, all of the above. It overall drives best at standard depth. The only good part about my lesson was that the -2 drives were used and all I had to spend additional money on was putting them back -1 first and then to standard. Like I say spinning 36s at 5400 and 1.5 drives.
Old 08-26-2023, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 1,275 Likes on 619 Posts

Originally Posted by SABER28
royal purple gear oil
Not trying to be an a$$, just a heads up. RP may be your problem for premature failure. There's a couple threads on how fast new gears pit when using RP.
Old 08-29-2023, 09:55 PM
Registered

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Rookie
Not trying to be an a$$, just a heads up. RP may be your problem for premature failure. There's a couple threads on how fast new gears pit when using RP.
i hope not! that means i got another one on the stb. side to worry about.

mr gadgets didnt think the rp would cause the problem. guess i'll know in a few week when i take it apart.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.