Projects >

Projects

Notices

Projects

Old 12-20-2022, 12:43 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Projects

Anyone doing any new projects. I am doing a new blower thing. Will post pics as we get into it.
Old 12-22-2022, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 310 Likes on 182 Posts

Just trying to get mine together by the season, but did buy a newer style swim platform similar to the ones they use on newer cigarettes. Was able to get a used pair of 502 Mag takeouts.

What new blower thing did you do? Did you ever get it to run like you wanted to? I recall you were playing with props and had added -2 shorty lower units, but were still trying to dial in that setup.

Old 12-23-2022, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 447 Likes on 267 Posts

Just curious, were the Mag 502's carbed? What did you spend? Ballpark. I will have a couple this coming Spring and want to price them to a friend who is chomping at the bit. They will need some head work plus plus plus.
Old 12-23-2022, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 310 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by Helmwurst
Just curious, were the Mag 502's carbed? What did you spend? Ballpark. I will have a couple this coming Spring and want to price them to a friend who is chomping at the bit. They will need some head work plus plus plus.
Magnum EFI. Paid $13K for the pair full bobtail (stock exhaust manifolds) after leak down failed so was implied they needed some head work. I probably would of paid a little more tho cause they were late model gen VI with serpentine belts and really low hours, like 300, freshwater, really clean, ran fine, etc,
Old 01-14-2023, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 257 Likes on 103 Posts

redid my dash, sent the gauges back to livorsi for new needles (faded) and lenses. took some flattened clear and resprayed the dash itself.

replaced my plastic "box" that mounts my trim and drive switches with an aluminum one painted semi flat black.

sent off all my laminated plastic plates with the engraved letters to be replaced with new ones, the black was getting faded and the letters were yellowing.

i'll post before and after pics when done, heres the dash for now

Old 01-14-2023, 11:48 PM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 213 Posts

I like that layout it makes a sense.
Old 01-15-2023, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 483 Likes on 265 Posts

Rebuilding a slingshot 388 this weekend was rebuilding the littlefield superchargers they are Big 16-71s replaced all the bearings and seals was disappointed littlefield send snout bearings made in china did not realize it till we pressed one together and it did not feel buttery smooth pressed it apart and ill tell you that circlip down deep on the inside on the drive shaft is a ***** to get out! ordered skf bearings installed and its perfect you can hardly see the china on the bearings so beware gents
The following users liked this post:
RBeyer (01-23-2023)
Old 01-23-2023, 12:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Just trying to get mine together by the season, but did buy a newer style swim platform similar to the ones they use on newer cigarettes. Was able to get a used pair of 502 Mag takeouts.

What new blower thing did you do? Did you ever get it to run like you wanted to? I recall you were playing with props and had added -2 shorty lower units, but were still trying to dial in that setup.
We got close wound up -1" had BBlades play with my 32s topped out at 97. Doing 8-71s this year.
Old 01-23-2023, 12:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SABER28
redid my dash, sent the gauges back to livorsi for new needles (faded) and lenses. took some flattened clear and resprayed the dash itself.

replaced my plastic "box" that mounts my trim and drive switches with an aluminum one painted semi flat black.

sent off all my laminated plastic plates with the engraved letters to be replaced with new ones, the black was getting faded and the letters were yellowing.

i'll post before and after pics when done, heres the dash for now
Looks awesome
Old 01-23-2023, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 257 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by RBeyer
Looks awesome
was going to call you this fall but got super busy and forgot, sorry. what was the difference in running -1 vs -2 ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.