81 Scarab project from hell >

81 Scarab project from hell

Notices

81 Scarab project from hell

Old 04-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff P31
If its been sitting for six months the only way it will leak oil is if there is a hole in the oil pan. All the oil would have drained back into the pan. I think i would run the motor , find the leak and fix it while you still have lots of room. NOT trying to pee in your cornflakes but it will be a lot more work later. good luck & keep up the good work.
It was leaking from the pan- I had installed a drain hose that just refuses to seal- but it is pretty minor(I am pretty picky about my stuff). The seawater pump was leaking- so I pulled that and resealed it- and the cheesy oil filter relocation kit I got from Summit puked so I just bolted up a standard filter mount. I know I have to change it because I will never be able to get to it with the other engine in- so I bought a used Merc relocation kit off of Ebay. You are right- it is easier to work on it now-thanks for the advice.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scottie150
It was leaking from the pan- I had installed a drain hose that just refuses to seal- but it is pretty minor(I am pretty picky about my stuff). The seawater pump was leaking- so I pulled that and resealed it- and the cheesy oil filter relocation kit I got from Summit puked so I just bolted up a standard filter mount. I know I have to change it because I will never be able to get to it with the other engine in- so I bought a used Merc relocation kit off of Ebay. You are right- it is easier to work on it now-thanks for the advice.
Same problem...I ended up putting my filters back on the block and now of course every time i change my oil I drop my stb. oil filter in the f u cking bilge
Old 04-16-2008, 12:17 AM
Registered

You will be so happy with the floor...Being able to jump up and down on the thing is real nice....that teak bull chit that came with the boat was a joke.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Westcoast
SIKA-FLEX- Tape off both sides and pump it in there...then smooth it out with a spoon. Should use about 2 tubes(better buy 3).

White sika# 29L-521

West marine pt #391722
Thanks- I will go get some tomorrow. Did you carpet over your floor, or just leave it? I'm leaning towards carpet, I need something, my deck is hammered-
Old 04-18-2008, 12:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by scottie150
Thanks- I will go get some tomorrow. Did you carpet over your floor, or just leave it? I'm leaning towards carpet, I need something, my deck is hammered-
Removable carpet...Snap in.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Registered

Wow Scott, that is pretty cool! Good work so far, I commend your perserverance I simply could not pull that off period.

Maybe just maybe I will get to see it on the water in July????

Checking out some jet boats this week, will mail you if I land something.

Doug
Old 05-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Registered

dupey duperton
Old 05-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Registered

Westcoast- It was cool to meet you in Havasu- I will come see you in San Diego!!

Doug- Thanks!! Come back to Spokane and help me finish it!!

This week I worked on the Rinker and got it fixed. I had to replace the Aeromotive fuel pump- and that was a b@tch. So I didn't get much done on the Scarab. I did however order the following-

Gauges from CP Performance
Cables and billet water fill, billet vents from Eddie Marine.
Another remote oil filter from a dude off of EBAY
New merc engine wiring harnesses from another dude off EBAY

I have to order some carbs still, and need to make a custom dash- probably go with Eddie Marine unless someone else has a better suggestion.

I need to start a fund to afford all this- any and all donations are appreciated
Old 05-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Registered

You will love when those ups boxes start showing up!
Old 05-13-2008, 11:16 PM
Registered

Hey Scott, check it out.

Bought it Saturday, took it to the lake, freaked out and sold it today. Guys shows up, calls his buddy Drew, they chat guy comes back and pays for it and turns out "Drew" is Drew Backlund of Drew Marine. He recognized the engine as one he had built for the boat 30 years ago. You can leave Spokane but you can never really get away.

Anyway, you may see it on CDA at some point, its a crazy ass boat.

Doug

Quick Reply: 81 Scarab project from hell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.