81 Scarab project from hell >

81 Scarab project from hell

Notices

81 Scarab project from hell

Old 06-13-2008, 12:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And I got my switches from Eddie Marine
Attached Thumbnails 81 Scarab project from hell-p1000264.jpg   81 Scarab project from hell-p1000265.jpg  
Old 06-13-2008, 12:36 AM
Registered

So if everything goes well this weekend I will start to put stuff back together instead of tearing apart, so hopefully I will have something more to look at.

Westcoast- quit messing around with silly things like moving and get your a$$ up here and help me!
Old 06-13-2008, 12:59 AM
Registered

After and before-
Attached Thumbnails 81 Scarab project from hell-p1000256.jpg   81 Scarab project from hell-p1000199.jpg  
Old 06-13-2008, 02:29 AM
Registered

That looks awesome Scott. had to laugh when I saw your switch panels though, here is mine and keep in mind I designed them myself, transferred the files and had them watercut, powdercoated, and laser engraved... Maybe that designer guy at Eddies and I went to the same school..

Old 06-13-2008, 03:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by scottie150
So if everything goes well this weekend I will start to put stuff back together instead of tearing apart, so hopefully I will have something more to look at.

Westcoast- quit messing around with silly things like moving and get your a$$ up here and help me!
And why wasn't I invited??, just had a week off and except for firing off a few rounds I was just hanging. We got some family up in your neck of the woods and a day fixing boat would be an awesome getaway....
Old 06-13-2008, 07:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Kims
And why wasn't I invited??, just had a week off and except for firing off a few rounds I was just hanging. We got some family up in your neck of the woods and a day fixing boat would be an awesome getaway....
Its a open invitation- if you like anything to do with powersports (dirt bikes, atv's, streetbikes, watercraft, snowmobiles) I have a pretty good connection- but thats my problem, I play too much!!!

The only issue is after looking at your boat- I don't know if I can afford to take it to your level!!!!

Old 06-13-2008, 11:25 PM
Registered

That bilge looks great! As far as switches go, I'll have to settle for the "used" look. Kims dash plates look beyond professional.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by scottie150
Its a open invitation- if you like anything to do with powersports (dirt bikes, atv's, streetbikes, watercraft, snowmobiles) I have a pretty good connection- but thats my problem, I play too much!!!

The only issue is after looking at your boat- I don't know if I can afford to take it to your level!!!!

First off, thanks for the invite. We might just take you up on that. Just got into town here and it is 111 degrees (and I hate 30 of them...).

My level is not so high yet. You have painted the boat and all, mine has not been painted in years and it is needed. Yeah, I might have put a little thought to my electrical and mechanical setup, but I am more than willing to shear experience and you will find out it is not all that much money when you know where to buy and what to buy.

Sounds cool with toys, I kinda put that on the shelf for a few years after I stopped racing professionally with those street bikes. Wifey loves them and yeah, it is fun now and then to play again...

Keep up the good work on your scarab, it looks awesome and I am sure with a little thinking before doing during installation of those engines it will be one h#ll of a boat!
Old 06-15-2008, 06:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jaxx 30
That bilge looks great! As far as switches go, I'll have to settle for the "used" look. Kims dash plates look beyond professional.
Go to e-machine.com and design your dashpanels with their very easy to use CAD program. Have them cut it for you with a waterjet. Then ship it to you and you go to a local shop for powdercoating. My kind of switches are between $5,- and $15,- a piece. Add a few $$ for wiring and then compare to a dash done any other way. You will be surprized, it is not hard to do and it is not all that expensive, while it looks good and it will look good for years...

Thanks for the compliment though...
Old 06-15-2008, 11:48 PM
Registered

So I got the trim tab pump in today, basically started over with a new pump, wiring and all the hydraulic lines. Also got one of the trim pumps in and rerigged all the lines. I am trying to focus only on one system at a time- before I get overwhelmed! Tomorrow hopefully will be the other side (trim pump)if the weather holds. I will shoot some photos tomorrow when I have something to look at.

Last edited by scottie150; 06-15-2008 at 11:50 PM.

Quick Reply: 81 Scarab project from hell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.