Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
81 Scarab project from hell >

81 Scarab project from hell

Notices

81 Scarab project from hell

Old 06-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know what I would do if this was going into my corvette, but I am new to the boat thing, so I am unsure. I think the same principles apply in that you want good oil control and you want that oil to be at the pick-up no matter what. My small blocks have pans on them that have an extra long sump and the sump is a little deeper that the stock chevy. Can you run a stock pan with an oil accumulator? Poor mans dry sump....
Old 06-28-2008, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There should be a port on your raw water pump for the tranny cooler. (a 1/4" plug that you can put a nipple in.)

My pans are the stock 6qt truck pans that came on the motors from merc....In fact I think one of them has a trap door and the other doesen't. If I had it to do over again I would look into a bigger pan....I don't have any comments on your mallary stuff. I am running GM HEI's just like the merc 500EFI's run
Old 06-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Registered

Jaxx- you sure have been online alot...do you get wireless in the patrol car?
Old 06-28-2008, 12:17 PM
Registered

Scott- I can't help notice that that motor seems to be listing to stb.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Scott- I can't help notice that that motor seems to be listing to stb.
Really? Must be the way the chain fall is hooked up.

As long as the port motor lists port we'll be ok.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Registered

There should be a port on your raw water pump for the tranny cooler. (a 1/4" plug that you can put a nipple in.)
So can I run from the water pump on the engine to the tranny, than back to the thermostat housing? Or should I just go out?
Old 06-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Registered

Jaxx- you sure have been online alot...do you get wireless in the patrol car?
Yeah right. Don't worry about me in my patrol car until I transfer down to San Diego!!! No really, I'm just trying to stay motivated (on my off time) while waiting on my parts.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by scottie150
So can I run from the water pump on the engine to the tranny, than back to the thermostat housing? Or should I just go out?
Mine goes from the raw water pump straight to the tranny and out the side of the boat....why would you want it to go to your thermostat housing?
Old 06-28-2008, 08:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jaxx 30
Yeah right. Don't worry about me in my patrol car until I transfer down to San Diego!!! No really, I'm just trying to stay motivated (on my off time) while waiting on my parts.
That would be great...you would love it. You could drive with your windows down and the air cond. off if you wanted
Old 07-01-2008, 12:51 AM
Registered

Mine goes from the raw water pump straight to the tranny and out the side of the boat....why would you want it to go to your thermostat housing?
Just thought it would be easier to plumb than punching it outside. The new thermostat housing has a couple of spots to run fittings on- but I didn't know if that was a good way to go.

Bit the bullet and ordered Miloden 7 quart pans- got the dash out for graphics, ordered all the wiring to redo the trim pumps and bilge pumps, and basically accomplished nothing this weekend except mow the lawn. Put some time on the Waverunner- need to grab my GPS- speedo showed 79!!

Quick Reply: 81 Scarab project from hell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.