Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
81 Scarab project from hell >

81 Scarab project from hell

Notices

81 Scarab project from hell

Old 05-09-2009, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At least its fresh water!! Boat looks great in the water. Check your exhaust clamps...mine were leaking when I launched mine the first time. If its real low then it could be the things you suggested. Hopefully it isin't the transom assembly.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
At least its fresh water!! Boat looks great in the water. Check your exhaust clamps...mine were leaking when I launched mine the first time. If its real low then it could be the things you suggested. Hopefully it isin't the transom assembly.
Thanks Eddie- it does look a lot better in the water. I could see where it was coming in from- it was definately the shaft- so I will reseal the hydraulic block(real good possibility) and check out the bellows. Hopefully it isn't the transom assembly
Old 05-10-2009, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by scottie150
Thanks Eddie- it does look a lot better in the water. I could see where it was coming in from- it was definately the shaft- so I will reseal the hydraulic block(real good possibility) and check out the bellows. Hopefully it isn't the transom assembly
Thats what they make bilge pumps for! JK

The boat looks awesome scott. In regards to the leak, definetly check the shaft bellow. I just replaced mine and twice almost tightned the clamp down with the lip in the bellow not fully into the groove. Did you actully get to bring her on plane or did you keep it close to the dock?
Old 05-10-2009, 11:20 PM
Registered

No- I never took it off the trailer- it was getting late and all I wanted to do was see if it was going to leak. Hopefully I will be able to get it out and play with it later this week, its not leaking that bad
Old 05-10-2009, 11:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by scottie150
No- I never took it off the trailer- it was getting late and all I wanted to do was see if it was going to leak. Hopefully I will be able to get it out and play with it later this week, its not leaking that bad
Still ,,any water in the bellow will cause the bearing to rust !!!!

FIX IT !!!!!!
Not that hard !
Old 05-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's becasue she's been out of the water so long she needs to swell up!

Looks good!
Old 05-11-2009, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by areyouliving
It's becasue she's been out of the water so long she needs to swell up!

Looks good!
LOL
Old 05-12-2009, 12:27 PM
Registered

100000 starving comedians in the world and you guys are trying to be one

I pulled the hydraulic blocks out- the gasket was good but there was a lot of water in there- so I am going to reseal it. Should I run a bid of RTV around the transom for good measure? I RTV's the sh*t out of the corks and transom plates when I put them back together. I also checked the bellows and they look good- so if resealing the blocks doesn't cure the leak it must be in the transom plate.

I also worked on the rear hatch cover- got it cut, just need to figure out hinges and measure for the ram- hopefully tonight I will have some more photos.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=scottie150;2864455]100000 starving comedians in the world and you guys are trying to be one

I attempt to mask my ignorance with poor comedic skills
Old 05-13-2009, 04:17 PM
Registered

I Just Read This Hole Post And I Think You Are Crazy But The Boat Looks Awesome And Your Really Close So Stick With It

Quick Reply: 81 Scarab project from hell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.