Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
81 Scarab project from hell >

81 Scarab project from hell

Notices

81 Scarab project from hell

Old 05-29-2009, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

scottie150, I've been following this from the beginning. All I've got to say, and I hope you know it's a big compliment, is I wish I had the money when you were finished to make an offer you couldn't refuse. Sincerely speaking, this boat of yours is truly incredible. I absolutely love it.

Well, my wife is back in school and once she is finished she will have moved on up to a new career field...maybe I can persuade her, lol.

Anyway, I sincerely wish you the best!!!
Old 06-02-2009, 05:18 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by scottie150
Update- cheated and took it to a boat mechanic- they replaced the bellows and o-ring on the drive, so hopefully that fixes the leak. On the electrical I finally looked at it- and something keeps popping the main circuit breakers on the engine. I bought two new engine wiring looms so I am going to install those today(not really excited about pulling the starters) so I hope that fixes all the stupid electrical gremlins, as everything else is brand new. I will keep you guys posted- thanks for all the input!!
Problem fixed?
Old 06-02-2009, 01:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 502ss
Problem fixed?
Don't know yet- been so busy with work I havn't got a chance to get the wiring done, I pulled the starboard harness out(pulling the starter out is such a joy) but I havn't had a chance to put anything back together. Hopefully this week.

Did you get yours done?
Old 06-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Registered

Did you get yours done?
Thats funny!

I started repainting the drives and the engines are actually starting to look like engines again. I will try to snap some pictures in the next day or two!
Old 06-03-2009, 11:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Apathetic
scottie150, I've been following this from the beginning. All I've got to say, and I hope you know it's a big compliment, is I wish I had the money when you were finished to make an offer you couldn't refuse. Sincerely speaking, this boat of yours is truly incredible. I absolutely love it.

Well, my wife is back in school and once she is finished she will have moved on up to a new career field...maybe I can persuade her, lol.

Anyway, I sincerely wish you the best!!!
Thanks- I really appreciate it.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:57 PM
Registered

Spent most of the evening chasing the wiring. I am amazed- I bought merc wiring harnesses, and none of the colors are the same. Story of my life!!!! Like my wife says- if it was easy, everyone would do it-
Old 06-04-2009, 04:51 AM
Registered

Spent most of the evening chasing the wiring. I am amazed- I bought merc wiring harnesses, and none of the colors are the same. Story of my life!!!! Like my wife says- if it was easy, everyone would do it-
When should I book my airfare? LOL
Old 06-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Registered

Hey Scottie how far are you from Ephrata? I am stuck here for the weekend and would love to see your boat in person. I dont know if you remember but I talked to you awhile ago about your windshield. I have the same boat you do.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Registered

From Ephrata I am about two hours. Is there anything in Ephrata?
Old 06-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Registered

Oh not really. I am gonna go to the local race track tonight. I asked the lady at the hotel if there was anything to do and she straight laughed at me.

Quick Reply: 81 Scarab project from hell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.