81 Scarab project from hell >

81 Scarab project from hell

Notices

81 Scarab project from hell

Old 06-30-2006, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 81 Scarab project from hell

Dude - you are an animal to even attempt something like that on a budget. My hat is off.

I had a 30' S-Type with surface drives. It ate my lunch. I am not very handy, though. The guy that has it now took it to Austria and is in the process of completely re-doing the boat. He even took the deck off and bonded it to the hull. I can't wait to see it when he is finished. I might have to go to Austria for that one.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:07 AM
Registered

Sorry no new photos as of yet , I haven't had any time to get out there to see it
Old 07-02-2006, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 420 Likes on 280 Posts

keep pictures coming... I make money on selling 1998 to 2001 boats, and still don't understand why I like the trouble of redoing boats and hardly get my money back out of it, (without counting my time spent), But I like the final results and the boat by heart... Don't give up, and show pictures!
Old 07-02-2006, 10:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff32
keep pictures coming... I make money on selling 1998 to 2001 boats, and still don't understand why I like the trouble of redoing boats and hardly get my money back out of it, (without counting my time spent), But I like the final results and the boat by heart... Don't give up, and show pictures!
Oups Jeff , what's happen saturday , i know you and if your motivation is down something happens!!!

Don't loose your patient , you really have a nice ****ing big boat

See ya next week

And thanks for the dinner

Old 07-06-2006, 12:30 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=X-Rated30]Dude - you are an animal to even attempt something like that on a budget. My hat is off.

I had a 30' S-Type with surface drives. It ate my lunch. I am not very handy, though. The guy that has it now took it to Austria and is in the process of completely re-doing the boat. He even took the deck off and bonded it to the hull. I can't wait to see it when he is finished. I might have to go to Austria for that one. [/QUOTE

I blew the budget to hell when I pulled the first engine. I need to quit looking at boats for sale because I have found quite a few nice boats that are DONE for less than what I have in mine right now- and it's in a million pieces. I understand now why so many people get started on this stuff and never finish- every time I look at the thing I realize how big a mistake I made- but maybe, just maybe if I do the job right it might turn out ok.

Thanks to everyone for all the support- I am trying to figure out paint schemes right now so I am open to suggestions. I want to paint it all black like the new Miami Vice Donzi- but everyone tells me not to-opinions, suggestions? I also like the new Cigarette paint jobs- they have one I really like that is grey, blue, white and black-too many choices.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:12 AM
Registered

Quit working on the boat completely and get a second job. Then pay someone else to do it. It still won't get done, but at least you have someone you can take your frustration out on.

Just kidding. Good luck.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
Quit working on the boat completely and get a second job. Then pay someone else to do it. It still won't get done, but at least you have someone you can take your frustration out on.

Just kidding. Good luck.
I already did that- it doesn't seem to help!!??!!
Old 07-12-2006, 01:15 AM
Registered

Pics from today-
Attached Thumbnails 81 Scarab project from hell-photo_071106_001.jpg   81 Scarab project from hell-photo_071106_002.jpg   81 Scarab project from hell-photo_071106_003.jpg  

Old 07-12-2006, 01:18 AM
Registered

More-
Attached Thumbnails 81 Scarab project from hell-photo_071106_004.jpg   81 Scarab project from hell-photo_071106_008.jpg   81 Scarab project from hell-photo_071106_007.jpg  

Old 07-12-2006, 05:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
I had a 30' S-Type with surface drives. It ate my lunch. I am not very handy, though. The guy that has it now took it to Austria and is in the process of completely re-doing the boat. He even took the deck off and bonded it to the hull. I can't wait to see it when he is finished. I might have to go to Austria for that one.
if you want to know something about it, just let me know. i am from austria and i am in austria, so likely i could get some information about that boat (and iŽd be curious who that guy is, anyway). so if you have a name or an address (pm me) i will happily look after that boat.
also, when exactly did it leave for austria? we have a guy with a 28 or 29 scarab here, but it doesnt have surface drives. its around for about 3 years.
we have re-done a 22 two years ago (also seperated hull and deck and so on, its in another thread "22 scarab re-rig"). the wood in these boats is crap, seems like older wellcrafts/scarabs werent built too carefully.

peter
vienna/austria

Quick Reply: 81 Scarab project from hell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.