That will never happen....unless he finds a 50' sea ray to follow around
I would try to argue with you- but unfortunately you are probably right
Old 05-27-2010, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cabin door

Originally Posted by scottie150
I would try to argue with you- but unfortunately you are probably right

we have a place out here in pleasant hill, calif. called tap plastics that we have used in the past. they will cut, shape and bend a piece of plastic to what ever you might need. i would assume you would have to send them a template of some sort but they are preety good at what they do. they also sell plastics in a sorts of differents thicknesses and colors-(clear, smoked, etc...)
Old 03-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Registered

Holy crap!! This thread and rebuild is epic! What is the latest on this work of art? I really like the wind-screen, really modernizes the boat.

Thank you!
Old 08-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Registered

Default Its Back

So its been a while since anyone commented on this boat so I thought I would give it a go. We bought this boat in March of this year (2012) and she was looking a little worse for wear. The owner at the time had had her parked up for over 2 years and not used her. After about 6 hours of digging we finally managed to get the trailer released from the ground it sank into and on her way to a new life!! Now we have her up and running, she has a new lease of life and WOW what an amazing boat she is. We have finished off the inerior that never got completed, tuned and fixed the engines and polished them up and installed a $3k stereo. Everything is working perfect and the boat rocks!! Literally. We have a youtube channel dedicated to her and our other boats so please check it out. I will post more now ive figured out how to use the forum so keep checking back. Thanks to Johnny at Hullside Marine http://www.hullside.com/ for all the work so far. Your awesome Johnny!!!

Thanks for looking

Rick

Last edited by duckymac9; 08-23-2012 at 11:58 AM. Reason: I forgot to add my thankyous
Old 08-23-2012, 12:38 PM
Registered

Always wondered what happened/ how it ended up. Kind of one of those bad nightmare scenarios where you want to open the closet door but you just can't bring yourself to do it.

Hopefully you got a great deal- as I lost my a$$ on that boat- whenever I look at doing anything my wife always brings up "the Scarab" to rub it in a little more
Old 08-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Registered

yeah she was not the prettiest of things when we picked her up the guy that we bought her from to be honest did not have a clue he basically ran her till she would go no more then parked her up but we have poured blood sweat and tears into her and she runs like a new penny. Scottie you did a fantastic job though I followed your thread from the original rebuild and to see her the way she turned out is amazing, everything looks professional and very sharp. We have a youtube group with videos of her now in the water and lots of pics so give me a shout and ill pass you over the details. Maybe we could arrange to meet up sometime and you can take her for a burn, let me know

Rick
Old 08-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Post a link to the you tube page, would love to see some pics of it running again! Followed Scottie's build thread way back when, always impressed with this build, glad to see it running again!

And welcome to the scarab club!!
Old 08-23-2012, 05:29 PM
Registered

Love to see the video- tried to PM you but I guess that is a premium member only function now. If you have any questions on the boat email me- [email protected]

Thanks,

Scott

502SS- the boat looks great- nice to see you still have it!!
Old 08-23-2012, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by scottie150
Love to see the video- tried to PM you but I guess that is a premium member only function now. If you have any questions on the boat email me- [email protected]

Thanks,

Scott

502SS- the boat looks great- nice to see you still have it!!
Thanks Scott, sorry to hear you had to let yours go!
Old 08-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Registered

Hey guys

Here is the link forone of the videos on our youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb9nF...eature=g-all-u

have a look through our other videos and subscribe to our channel as we are always adding new videos. Scottie I will email you some picutres of the beast!!!!