We need a update!
Old 04-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 420 Likes on 280 Posts

true!
Old 05-05-2007, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is what has been going on- sorry I haven't posted in a while but this is my busy time of year and just finding any time to devote to toys is next to impossible.

My windshield is almost done- as a matter of fact it was completed on Wed but was one inch too short(too narrow) so they have to remake the center section.

I have stripped the engine compartment, I got the power steering rebuilt, and I currently have the trim pumps and the trim tab pump out for rebuild.

Things left to do(this list just seems to get longer)

Clean out fuel tanks.

Fill the old sounder hole and fix a stringer(glass work)

Paint the dash, rewire and install new guages.

Install the drives, engines and trannys.

Install new carpet.

Install new interior( I have this- I just have to put it in.)

Install the rub rail.

Paint and install the hatches.

This weekend I will be working on it. I will shoot some new photos and let you guys know what I got done. If any of you guys are bored- I can always use the help!!!
Old 05-05-2007, 11:33 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Nice job, Im glad to see that theres others with a limited budget. Keep up the good work and posting pics!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 08:31 AM
Registered

Pics from this week- nothing goes easy-
Attached Thumbnails 81 Scarab project from hell-photo_052407_002.jpg   81 Scarab project from hell-photo_052407_003.jpg   81 Scarab project from hell-photo_052407_004.jpg  

Old 05-24-2007, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looking good scott....Mine just went under the knife. Found a 4 foot crack along the keel (caused from wave crushing). Having a hard time with it due to the fact that the fiberglass is oil soaked Yesterday we cut the cabin floor out to gain access to the inside to grind it out and reglass. Give me a shout if you have anymore questions.
Eddie
Old 05-24-2007, 02:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Westcoast
looking good scott....Mine just went under the knife. Found a 4 foot crack along the keel (caused from wave crushing). Having a hard time with it due to the fact that the fiberglass is oil soaked Yesterday we cut the cabin floor out to gain access to the inside to grind it out and reglass. Give me a shout if you have anymore questions.
Eddie
Man that sucks! I hope it doesn't keep you down very long. I am thrashing every night now- I am determined to see water this year- even if it kills me!! Thanks for your help and advice Eddie!

Scott
Old 05-28-2007, 12:00 AM
Registered

hey scott do you still have the original windshield?
if so would you want to sell it? my windshield must have been broken on the right front and someone before me replaced just that one piece with tinted plexi and it really looks like crap.
if anyone else has a winshield they might want to sell please reply. I would like to find the factory low windshield from an early s-type instead of the tall one that I have. but if I can fix what I have that would be fine also.
thanks
Doug
Old 05-29-2007, 02:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by douglasmarinesupply
hey scott do you still have the original windshield?
if so would you want to sell it? my windshield must have been broken on the right front and someone before me replaced just that one piece with tinted plexi and it really looks like crap.
if anyone else has a winshield they might want to sell please reply. I would like to find the factory low windshield from an early s-type instead of the tall one that I have. but if I can fix what I have that would be fine also.
thanks
Doug
Doug-
What I have left is the frame that has been chopped, because originally my plan was to use the existing framework and just cut it down. However, as you can see in the photos I ended up building a custom one out of aluminum. You are welcome to the frame pieces that I still have if you want them- also Straitjacket had a chopped windshield a while back, just another avenue to try. You can PM me if you want- or just call me at work 509-467-8185- ask for Scott the owner(we have two Scott's here) I might have the original side pieces left, the front glass broke coming out.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:07 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good. keep up the good work. Take your time. It is twice as heart breaking to have to do it twice.

I built 2 new engines for mine. Flattened a cam in one, so I am putting in a new one. We will see how good she runs with the bigger power.

I think I will have the only 582ci Sarab 377.

Quick Reply: 81 Scarab project from hell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.