Notices

Anyone else with a 26' Scarab

Old 11-04-2006, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone else with a 26' Scarab

Originally Posted by 26scarab
Dash looks great !
You can fit bezels though, got purple ones on mine just check out post #15 , 2nd picture.
Your gauge holes must have been drilled slightly farther apart. Mine must be just a hair closer 'cause where yours are almost touching, mine were overlapping.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by satisfactionII
awesome looking 26'r. In the pic of the stern I can't see the trim tabs. My poor eysight or what. You did a great job.
no. no tabs. with the dual ram and the 4 blade cleaver intimidator (slighlty cupped back egdes) you get great control. its a light boat with tons of power. it plains quick and holds nicely at speed. i get huge air and don't want to worry about whether the tabs are even at re- entry. check out the pics at my gallery. big k-planes may give you a little better top speed (1 or 2 mph), but a top rate set up is big bucks and not a huge bang. i've been through alot with this boat over the last 8 years and think i have finally got it dialed in perfect for my use. now i am just hoping that it will stay together for awhile.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:57 PM
Registered

i got the bezels to fit too. this is a partial view
Attached Thumbnails Anyone else with a 26' Scarab-gauged.jpg  
Old 11-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Registered

all those dashes look great just gotta decide what to do with mine now lol. That boat with the chief 575 just says 94 mph boat in general I think because i googled 26 scarab and found a sight that said some race team had the 26 hull completely gutted etc and it ran 94 but i dont remember what the engine was maybe thats where the seller is coming up with that 94 mph info
Old 11-07-2006, 09:58 PM
Registered

I didn't see any either. I added 18.5" Victory stainless tabs on mine and just keeping them neutral makes a HUGE difference in ride, expecially around the 50-60mph mark.

Does anyone know who bought the 96 from Hideaway with the Chief 575 motor ? Add say's 94 mph boat.... there is no way in hell that boat runs that fast with only 575hp. I don't care if its got a shorty on it or not.
That would be me. You're right it is nowhere close to 94. In fact the best I have seen is 65. Since I bought it I've only had it out twice and my copilot gets scared easily so I'm not sure what it will end up doing. I knew 94 was BS when I bought it but didn't really care, it's a nice solid boat and for 29k I think the price was right. I've been waiting until I get more time in it before I start talking and asking questions.

Jay
Old 11-07-2006, 10:14 PM
Registered

I didn't see any either. I added 18.5" Victory stainless tabs on mine and just keeping them neutral makes a HUGE difference in ride, expecially around the 50-60mph mark.

Does anyone know who bought the 96 from Hideaway with the Chief 575 motor ? Add say's 94 mph boat.... there is no way in hell that boat runs that fast with only 575hp. I don't care if its got a shorty on it or not.
Ok, now you've got me wondering. How fast do you think my boat should go if set up and propped correctly?
575hp Chief (dyno shows 582hp)

Jay
Old 11-08-2006, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jay,
In my opinion the shorty isn't doing you any good, not without an extention box. I tried one and lost MPH but gained a really cool rooster tail .
If that motor is truly making 582hp , I'd guess you would see mid 70's.

Where were you when my boat was for sale this summer ?!?!
Old 11-08-2006, 10:17 AM
Registered

i think 26scarab is right about the shorty and the speed estimate. after you go through enough mods ( good and bad) there seems to be a constant. the scarab 26 with around 600 hp and 4 blabe 24-25 pitch at 5300- 5600 rpm = approx 75mph. its nice to see that you guys have gone and are still going through the same torture. ahhhh...but doesn't it feel good.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone else with a 26' Scarab-dsc_0068.jpg  
Old 11-09-2006, 06:47 PM
Registered

Hot for teacher we have the same boat excepet for power mine is a bone stock 502 with a procharger, not sure exactly what the horsepower is but i know with 4 people 1/2-3/4 tank of gas i ran 74 on gps and that was with a 4 blade prop, the guy i bought it from said it is a custom made 24.5 but it is stamped 26.2
Old 11-09-2006, 06:50 PM
Registered

I have a friend with a 29 scarab with a 598 ci motor that put an extension box and gained 4 mph, he recommend to me that i get one he has had a few scarabs and said they have all reacted great with the extension box

Quick Reply: Anyone else with a 26' Scarab

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.