Notices

Seats

Old 11-29-2006, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seats

Hi

I have a 28 Scarab Excel (89), always after a few hours driving the seats are lose.
I want to change the seats to standup Bolsters but they are all very high and that looks not good in the flat Excel. (bottem to "screen" only 41")
Does anybody change the original seats to somthing better ?
I also looked at sportseats but the high back ist also too high ( in my opinion) for the 28 Excel.
I saw at the web site www. Bolsters.com some Seats with adjustable high, very good idea but the pics are very bad so they donīt look realy good. have someone seen them in truth ?
Time is running and i donīt know how should i decide.
Help wanted

Best regards

Hans
Old 11-29-2006, 10:05 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Default Re: Seats

www.twinmarine.com is where I got mine from. I made the brackets and console my self.

There isn't much feeboard in the 28'. when I got my boat someone already installed drop out bolster seats. I had to cut down the brackets because you sat to high. it was still uncomfortable. I also felt that it looks funny standing up while driving....... They had to go.......... since I changed the seats I will never look at a boat with stand up seats again. sitting down is the only way to go. You can see that I had to relocate the throttles to be in a more comfortable position ( black throttles ) and the steering wheel had to come out 9" from where it was.
Attached Thumbnails Seats-3.jpg   Seats-scarab-7.jpg  
Old 11-30-2006, 05:33 PM
Registered

Hi,
looks very good, but youre seat backpart is very high too. I think they are 8-10 " higher than the side board.
Can you stand in front of the seat, are they moveable ?
I stand often, most when there some waves, while docking, at lower speed with the nose up to see anything. We drove two Pokerruns this year, and i was standing the komplett runs. If i sit down a can go to a doctor with my back on the next day.

greetings

Hans
Old 11-30-2006, 09:44 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

if I stand My back will hurt. That's one of the reasons I got the seats.

The seats are fixed and practically one with the boat and held in by 40 screws. The boat was being set up as a P5 race boat so I didnt want the seats to ever come loose. I can adjust the seats back and fort if need be but for the most part they are fixed to fit me.

You get use to sitting very quickly. even while docking. but if need be I will kneel on the seat to see higher.

The height of the seat is set to just see over the bow with out your face directly in the wind. It considerably cut down wind noise, I am now able to sit comfortably and talk to the person next to me with out yelling and listen to the radio. we are installing intercoms in the boat this year so it really dont matter.

The tops of the seats are high, no different than any sit down seats in a cat. but they are excellent headrest while wearing a helmets. I did have to modify the boat cover to fit them .
Attached Thumbnails Seats-senica-lake.jpg   Seats-scarab.jpg   Seats-5.jpg  

Old 12-03-2006, 03:27 PM
Registered

Hi,
i saw that you have other switches than original, what have you done with all the Controllunits ? Mine are sometimes with failer in the lights and Bilgepump and blower
I think i throw them all out and make all new with "normal" switches.

Greetings

Hans
Old 12-05-2006, 10:57 AM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Here is the dash from another angle
Attached Thumbnails Seats-picture-018.1.jpg  
Old 12-05-2006, 03:58 PM
Registered

Cool

I must say it, youre Scarab is realy one off the finest i have ever seen !!!

Thanks

Hans
Old 12-05-2006, 10:44 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I used to own one of these and was looking for seats at one time. I found some that were sitdown lowback seats like the stock ones, but when you hit a button the bottom would drop out and the seatback would raise for standing position. I'm sorry but I don't remember where I found them. They seemed perfect for this application. Look around or ask on general discussion, you should be able to find them.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:39 PM
Registered

Hi,

Is it posible that they are from WWW. Bolsters.com ? They have some like you mean but the look like a Chair with funny armrest, the complet machanik is free you see it all the time and for that they have a very high price.
The idea is great but the look is bad ( my opinion) But maybe they are not what you mean ?

Thanks

Hans
Old 12-08-2006, 09:54 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

That is the same idea. I agree, I don't really like the looks of those either. I really don't remember what the ones I saw looked like, it might have been those. I seem to remember them being a little more appealing, maybe not- it was a few years ago. Anyway, now you see what I am talking about, perhaps you can find some that look a little better.