Notices

Bottom Paint????

Old 09-15-2007, 11:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bottom Paint????

Hi all,

New member and fellow Scarab owner here. I have a question about bottom paint. If I bottom paint the scarab does that make it easier to remove the "slime and stains" from the bottom of the boat? Currently there is no bottom paint and the bottom of the hull is white , but I'm considering a bottom paint in white the match the hull. And another question, if I bottom paint the hull white will that "slime and stain" like the hull would have? I haven't decided if I'm going to leave the boat in for the season ("08") or pull it everytime I use it. Any comments are more than welcome, please feel free to share your opinions.

Thanks,
Sulfur1
Old 09-16-2007, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 197 Likes on 104 Posts

1st off, bottom paint generally devalues a performance boat so you have to consider that. 2nd, bottom paint generally slows a performance boat down. If you are not going to leave it in the water, definitely do not bottom paint it. If you are leaving it in the water and can occasionally pull it for cleaning, just use On/Off. It cleans the type of stains you mention like a MoFo. If you are leaving it in and cant occasionally pull it out you may have no choice. "That all I have to say about that"