Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
Wellcraft 26 Nova ST >

Wellcraft 26 Nova ST

Notices

Wellcraft 26 Nova ST

Old 05-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought a 1990 nova 26 ST on Monday and really like the lines. This isn't very tech-talk-ish, but first can anyone who has one post a photo of how the swim platform was originally supported? Mine is only supported with the 5 in-line bolts on the top and has too much wiggle without something lower where the side brackets are missing on mine.

Second, what are the gauges and switches? I'm going to need to replace several but am hoping to match the originals if possible.

Many thanks.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Registered

Never mind -- found a photo of the platform's original underside fiberglass pods. Haven't decided yet if I'll mold some replacements or just replace with metal brackets yet.

Next up is to figure out the make of the gauges and decide if I'll be able to replace some or have to replace all to have them match. Same for switches
Old 05-17-2009, 08:11 AM
Registered

I had the same problem. Lost one of my brackets. Found one on this site some one had and bought it.
Attached Images  
Old 05-21-2009, 03:23 AM
Registered

Thanks nova 26! Much appreciated.

On yours do you find the small "stringers"/stiffeners under the engines trap everything spilled and any water that gets there, until it evaporates? It seems like they made a nice structure, but didn't provide a means for the water to drain out of the wells created by it - no weep holes in the fore-aft small members for water to get to the bottom of the bilge. Although maybe it's better for it to sit on the interior fiberglass than have the weep holes that allow the members themselves to start to rot.

Last edited by island2; 05-21-2009 at 04:28 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by island2
Thanks nova 26! Much appreciated.

On yours do you find the small "stringers"/stiffeners under the engines trap everything spilled and any water that gets there, until it evaporates? It seems like they made a nice structure, but didn't provide a means for the water to drain out of the wells created by it - no weep holes in the fore-aft small members for water to get to the bottom of the bilge. Although maybe it's better for it to sit on the interior fiberglass than have the weep holes that allow the members themselves to start to rot.
I never understood why wellcraft did that ... I drilled mine ... made some inserts from cpvc water line , We sealed them in place ... now they drain down to the plug.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:12 PM
Registered

I have to be careful for what I wish for -- turns out my transom assemblies were toast - or at least the port side. So engines had to be hoisted out to install new transom assemblies, and now I get the opportunity to install weep holes on those small "stringer" stiffeners under the engines (will put inserts in with epoxy so no water gets into wood.) Good news is that the transom looks good. Was worried I would find something requiring even more work when pulling the transom assemblies, but was glad wood in transom looks good.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:35 AM
Registered

Inspecting closely while I have the room, I've found a single hollow sounding spot about 6" in diameter on the fiberglass bulkhead in front of the engine compartment (the bulkhead directly under the back of the back seat.) It's midway between where the fuel lines come through and the starboard side of the boat. The rest of the bulkhead seems fine from tapping the fiberglass every couple inches. Before I drill into this to check for delamination/wood issue with that bulkhead, has anyone seen this on their ST? (just want to make sure wellcraft didn't leave a "port" there in the bulkhead core for some reason and then fiberglassed it over in my boat before I make an unnecessary hole.)
Old 07-26-2009, 09:38 AM
Registered

Last edited by RippersVF2; 05-12-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:45 AM
Registered

That's correct (at least in mine). It sounds like the trim limit switch needs adjustment or is bad on that outdrive.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:15 PM
Registered

Last edited by RippersVF2; 05-12-2010 at 11:06 AM.

Quick Reply: Wellcraft 26 Nova ST

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.