Baja Hammer vs Scarab 22 >

Baja Hammer vs Scarab 22

Notices

Baja Hammer vs Scarab 22

Old 09-25-2007, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja Hammer vs Scarab 22

Ive really been getting into boating this past summer and i think im ready to take the dive and grab a boat this winter. I have been gathering as much info as i can over the past few months and have come across my first question. I have really taken a liking to the Baja Hammer and the 22 Scarab (probably mid 90's) for my price range, roughly less than 18 or 19k. I havent really been able to tell the diff between the 2. both can be had with the big block and small block, both seem to be about the same length. I figure ill post this in the Scarab forum first to get some opinions. I realized someone just posted a outlaw vs. scarab comparo, but i feel the hammer is a little closer in class. Share your opinions please...leaning a little towards the hammer, but i feel the scarab is more of a rarer "higher end?" boat. I defenitly want the big block and ill probably wait till i find the right one...im a speed freak! thanks in advance.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Registered

My brother has a 1997 Hammer, Boss package with a carb'd 454mag.Damn good looking and running boat.He gets compliments all the time.

The Scarab 22 in my opinion is a sleeker looking boat with better lines than the Hammer.The only drawback on the Scarab is a somewhat outdated dash....but there's all kinds of aftermarket things you could do to dress up the dash for a minimal cost.

All things being equal,the Scarab will outrun the Hammer all day long.Before I bought my 23 SCS I was looking for a 22 but the 23 came along and I had to have it.

It all depends what your looking for but IMO the Scarab is a better built boat.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you want to look good or have fun? The scarab will be more fun to run IMO. I wouldn't say its rare.
Jim
Old 09-25-2007, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a nice HTM for sale.. last boat you'll ever buy
Old 09-26-2007, 07:45 AM
Registered

I like to look good, and go fast. Obvisouly i cant compete with the fountains that are on the water, but i had thought that the scarab was more in the class of the fountains. I think the Baja is a mean looking boat, so is the scarab. Mainly ill be using the boat to run the river, and dock at the sandbar next to boats, but i want to be...respected with the type of boat that ill be piloting. I guess i cant go wrong with either choice?
Old 09-26-2007, 07:56 AM
Registered

One more thing, how is the cuddy on the Scarab. I have looked and looked and i cannot find any pics at all of it. i have seen the Hammers and its decent (better than the outlaw 20), would like to compare to the scarab. thanks.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 971 Likes on 441 Posts

I haven't seen any pics of the scarab 22 cuddy, but I've been in it, in one of the 22s I was looking at (btw, if you're looking for a Scarab 22 as a project, there's one in Miami that is sorta cheap)... there's enough room to crawl under and lay down, but it's a confined space, for sure... not much room for comfort, really... I suppose in a pinch it would be tolerable.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:25 AM
Registered

What are the cuddys used for any ways? I am thinking a quickie. Not really an overnight boat.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 971 Likes on 441 Posts

Yeah, it'd work for a quickie, or just to get out of the rain/sun in a pinch. Not gonna work for dinner & drinks!
Old 09-26-2007, 09:11 AM
NoQuarter

Originally Posted by drpete3
What are the cuddys used for any ways? I am thinking a quickie. Not really an overnight boat.
A quickie, yes. But not enough headroom for reverse cowboy!

Quick Reply: Baja Hammer vs Scarab 22

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.