Scarab SCS tech questions

Notices

Scarab SCS tech questions

Old 12-10-2007, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scarab SCS tech questions

Okay all,

I'm starting to get deeper into the winter upgrades and have a bunch of questions to ask, so here goes:

1) What size/style battery does the boat take? I forgot to look yesterday and I broke the GIL battery holder this past season - so want to upgrade to something metal.

2) The cheap plastic distribution block/Perko switch holder under the rear seat has also splintered into like 8 different pieces, so I need to find a much stronger replacement. I was wondering if anyone else's has broken and what they replaced it with. In case anyone was wondering, there is a 5x7" hole behind that panel.

3) Has anyone tried to remove the drink holders? I want to replace the discolored plastic stuff with aluminum ones, but can't get them out. My best guess is that they are adhesived into place - any thoughts on getting them out?

4) Has anyone replaced their bow light? I want to get a pop up because the anchor rope broke my stock crappy piece.

I seem to have broken a lot of things on the boat - I must be enjoying it - heh!!!