Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
Whats It Worth >

Whats It Worth

Notices

Whats It Worth

Old 02-17-2008, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PS IF i buy at say 75 and have to put 20 in (major rebuilds )then iam at 95000.00 which to me at least is too high (single purpose , 11plus years old non stepped,non cabin ex raceboat ,been for sale for years) considering the horrible boat sales market .(Gas up here is 3.50 a gallon.The guy with 300 grand for one of these things does not care but at the price point (under 100k ) it must effect sale,resale.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:22 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by REDDEATH
PS IF i buy at say 75 and have to put 20 in (major rebuilds )then iam at 95000.00 which to me at least is too high (single purpose , 11plus years old non stepped,non cabin ex raceboat ,been for sale for years) considering the horrible boat sales market .(Gas up here is 3.50 a gallon.The guy with 300 grand for one of these things does not care but at the price point (under 100k ) it must effect sale,resale.
I all breaks down to,,,,,,, ( does it get you excited when you open the hatch and mash on the throttle) Otherwise you are not an owner, you are a broker.

Broker or dealer would be in that boat at 50k. Owner could be in at anywhere between your 75k and asking price.

I would just splash the damn thing and run it till it breaks. Old engines might be in good shape. These things surprise me sometimes.

Good luck and congrats.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Registered

I dont mind being an owner but it has to be at the right price.If you negoiate from strength not weakness you will usually do fine.With the state of the boat sales market now it definately is a buyers dream Gas is close to 3.50 a gallon .The guy with 300gs for one of these things does not care .The guy with 100 grand does .
Old 02-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 92 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by REDDEATH
I never look at anything logically so i cant comment on your anwser.....That boat gives me a chubby, it sounds like you are planning to sell it before ya bought it.....Good luck.......There is a lot to choose from in the 100,000 dollar range...(i love old race boats) so i am a little bias in all this...
Old 02-17-2008, 11:40 AM
Registered

I dont know Jeff if it was that great a deal at 90 gs it would have sold already .Broker or dealer should be happy just to move this boat and not lose money in this market.The broker dealers are telling me once i buy something of this nature i will have to piece it out to sell it (remember the boat is already 11 years old ) Unless its bought at the correct price.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by nocigarette
I never look at anything logically so i cant comment on your anwser.....That boat gives me a chubby, it sounds like you are planning to sell it before ya bought it.....Good luck.......There is a lot to choose from in the 100,000 dollar range...(i love old race boats) so i am a little bias in all this...
PS the boat is definately bad ass its just a thing with me about being up side down terribly.i could be wrong but the dealer needs me to buy this boat not vice versa .If i iose it another will come along at the correct price esp in this market.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:58 PM
Registered

I just goy back from Canada.Pros =boat is in great shape for its age ,top of the line hardware ,drives ect.Cons=EXTREME Hardcore to the max (drop in race bolsters approx 5 feet high leaving not one square inch of cockpit room ) absolutely no cabin (a cubby hole directly under the steering wheel that if your ober 150 lbs you can not even get down on you knees to view muchless crawl thru) 11year old everything.I think imade a fair offer on the boat.To me at least if something (like this boat )has been for sale for years (considering the shape its in )and has not sold plain and simple the price is too high.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

So you made an offer and?????? Is it as clean as the pics show for it sure is sharp looking in them
Old 02-23-2008, 06:30 PM
Registered

The seller wants 90 FIRM.The boat definately needs muffalers (none at all )and in all actuality if the boat is to be used in the cold weather states preventive maintaince engines rebuilds since the engines are 11 years old.(In nj if you pop one in July your done boating for the year )It is how ever in great shape for its age.I offered 70 plus and he turned me down
Old 02-23-2008, 06:34 PM
Registered

PS Even if you totally forget the lack of cabin ect the way the bolsters are set up the boat CAN NOT be used for any sort of pleasure boating in any sort at all other then poker runs.Basically if you buy this boat at the wrong price you own it forever.

Quick Reply: Whats It Worth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.