A Few Serious Questions>.. >

A Few Serious Questions>..

Notices

A Few Serious Questions>..

Old 05-26-2008, 11:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Few Serious Questions>..

I just took my first ride with my 2002 33 Scarab AVS this year and seem to have problems. I have never had this boat before so I was not sure what to expect. Did all maintenance to it and got it ready. When I am at 3000RPM I am doing 50 mph cursing speed and the both oil temp gauges are at ZERO and I have no clue why. Are they not suppose to climb any? The other problem I have is the water pressure. Changed both impellers and one gauge reads about 20 lbs at 60mph and the other is pegged at max, big difference. Everything else is fine though, oil pressure is great and temp is great. The last problem is my toggle switch on my acceleration leaver for the drives. Both drives go up then I use the switch and then on the downward position only one of them goes down. I did not have time yet to go threw the hole thing because of work so I taught I would ask and see in anybody had an idea. I think there is a fuse panel under the dash witch I will check for the drives but for the gauges then I am not sure... Any help would be appreciated..
Steph
Old 05-27-2008, 06:31 AM
Registered

welcome to boating!!!!
Old 05-27-2008, 11:14 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,172 Likes on 587 Posts

Are the oil temp gauges for the engines? then they should be registering something for sure...not zero....check senders on the engines or the gauges.

On the water Psi....check to see where in the system the gauges are plumbed to.....more then likely you have a restriction in the cooling system either from rust, old impeller parts, or mud/sand/seaweed....back flush and hopefully it will clear up...if it turns out all clear then you will probably need a dump valve from Merc....it send any over pressured water out over the side....

As for the drives.....sounds like you have a bad solenoid on the down side of the pump.....easy fix

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 05-27-2008, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hunster
welcome to boating!!!!
Yeah, what he said..........
Old 05-27-2008, 10:18 PM
Registered

Cool thanks I will check that next week and let you know what I find.... Keep on boating..
Old 05-27-2008, 10:40 PM
Registered

Sorry didn't mean to be a wise a zz . Sounds like a few small things going on that can be taken care of easily. Check the plugs on the trim pumps too , the connectors get pretty crusty. Should be a plug on the trim pump with a blue and green 2 or 3 wires in it. That is where the switch runs to. Start there and easy to work back to the switch.