84 Scarab Renovation (ongoing) >

84 Scarab Renovation (ongoing)

Notices

84 Scarab Renovation (ongoing)

Old 07-06-2009, 11:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 502ss
I just installed new ones a couple months ago. They were a royal pain in the a$$ to get seated properly on the lip! So my question is when they leak does the water leak out from around the donout gasket that is on the transmission tail shaft?
Yes- and its hard as hell to tell with everything back in the engine compartment.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

502 would mind measuring the thickness of your transom? I'm getting ready to start the install of my thru hull exhaust and I'm worried the tips I bought aren't going to be long enough. Before I drill and cut I'd like to know if I need different tips

Thanks
Bill
Old 07-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it is about 2" thick
Old 07-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So 3.75" tips should be fine??
Old 07-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as there is enough for 2 clamps
Old 07-18-2009, 11:48 AM
Registered

Can you please tell me where did you get the "thru hull" fittings that you ran for your trim hoses and has that system worked well over going back with the stock manifold location?

Thank you,
Cliff
Old 07-19-2009, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cliff_m_b
Can you please tell me where did you get the "thru hull" fittings that you ran for your trim hoses and has that system worked well over going back with the stock manifold location?

Thank you,
Cliff
the thru hull fittings are actually custom. I started with thru hull dumps like these http://www.eddiemarine.com/store/car...&p=12132&c=113 and then threaded the inside so I could attach the necesarry fittings into both ends. All the other fitting's were purchased from a local hydraulics shop along with all the custom made stainless lines. As far as how it works, it works great when I tested it all out on the trailer, the boat is still being built so it hasnt seen water yet!

Thanks
Jim
Old 09-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have made some major progress the past several weeks. The engines are 99% done. Actually got to fire one today and break it in! Now need to retorque everything and they will be done. The engineering that was involved to mount all of the components on the engine was extensive but the end result I think was well worth it! Installing and removing these engines in the boat will be extremely fast and simple! I also got the chance to test my new CMI sound elimination mufflers I bought. I measured the DB both with and without. 108 DB at idle without, 84DB at idle with! Check out the vids!

without mufflers --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy-7UolI1No

with mufflers --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX0sVVShGc4
Attached Thumbnails 84 Scarab Renovation (ongoing)-1.jpg   84 Scarab Renovation (ongoing)-2.jpg   84 Scarab Renovation (ongoing)-3.jpg  

84 Scarab Renovation (ongoing)-4.jpg  
Old 09-07-2009, 12:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cliff_m_b

Thank you,
Cliff
Not sure if this is what you are looking for but I ran up on these today just browsing around...

http://www.speedncustommarine.com/pr...3&categoryId=2
Old 09-07-2009, 12:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 502ss
I have made some major progress the past several weeks. The engines are 99% done. Actually got to fire one today and break it in! Now need to retorque everything and they will be done. The engineering that was involved to mount all of the components on the engine was extensive but the end result I think was well worth it! Installing and removing these engines in the boat will be extremely fast and simple! I also got the chance to test my new CMI sound elimination mufflers I bought. I measured the DB both with and without. 108 DB at idle without, 84DB at idle with! Check out the vids!

without mufflers --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy-7UolI1No

with mufflers --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX0sVVShGc4
Very nice!

Question.. so does the heat exchanger work the same as an oil cooler? Uses raw water to cool the coolant? I'm not very familiar with closed cooling systems. Yet.

Tim

Quick Reply: 84 Scarab Renovation (ongoing)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.