84 Scarab Renovation (ongoing)

Notices

84 Scarab Renovation (ongoing)

Old 10-31-2015, 10:27 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Yeah, I just went back through the thread and saw some other pics of them. I have to take a close look at mine and see if there's a difference.
Old 11-13-2015, 05:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,497 Likes on 330 Posts

Were you able to get the glass work done before the cold weather set in Jim?
Old 11-23-2015, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hblair
Were you able to get the glass work done before the cold weather set in Jim?
I did not

But this Wednesday the ass end will be put in the garage and it will be sealed to the wall so I can heat the garage and the ass end while the bow is outside in the cold! I will take some pictures!!

In the meantime, All of the engineering and fabrication paid off because the new engine cradles work perfectly! The engines are an absolute cinch to put in. Still need to figure out the exhaust spacers now that the engines are 3" lower. Don't look at the dirty bilge or dusty engines!

Old 11-24-2015, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

glass the exhaust holes back in. you have glass work to do any way. cut the new holes where they need to be and take the cut outs and glass them back into where the old holes are. I don't think making spacers would be the way to go just my .02 cents
Old 11-24-2015, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 342 Posts

I agree, that will be less work than fabbing a spacer, be a cleaner install also
Old 11-24-2015, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

Moving the exhaust holes looks like it would help with swim platform fitment as well. From this picture it looks like the tips in the current configuration will hit or at the very least blow soot all over the platform.

Originally Posted by 502ss
Old 11-24-2015, 06:48 PM
Registered

I agree about cutting the new holes but my concern is how close the will be to the surface of the water. Once I put the mufflers on I think the will actually be touching the water when sitting still. I guess I could run flappers to keep waves from going up the pipes. What do you guys think, am I over worrying?

Sorry, these are the best pictures I have of it sitting in the water, I will also be fixing the lean this winter (both batteries are currently mounted on one side)

Old 11-24-2015, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mufflers? After hearing the Nortech this summer? James, I didn't expect this from you, not from you man..
Old 11-25-2015, 06:38 AM
Registered

I do love the way it sounds without mufflers but after a long day on the water it gets a bit old! I like the Gibson mufflers as they still let it sound throaty but kill some of the decibels! Maybe I will bring it to the sandbar one time next year without the mufflers!!
Old 11-25-2015, 06:39 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

What kind of mufflers do you have, if they are pneumatic that has a stainless flap that you have to shut so the water will not go up the tails . Also if you have a enough fall on the tails water generally will not run that far up hill.
Or you can always get a couple nerf balls and stick in the tail pipes while you are anchored.

Quick Reply: 84 Scarab Renovation (ongoing)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.