84 Scarab Renovation (ongoing)

Old 07-31-2008, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update????
Old 07-31-2008, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Been a frustrating few days. Determined that the lines cannot be removed without taking off the gimbals so.......the lines stay and I am moving forward with stainless bulkheads. I have a hydraulic place local to me and the guy said he can make me up any lines I need all out of braided stainless.

I got all the bilge pumps, blower, trim pumps mounted and wired, The engine compartment is pretty much wired, All engine specific wiring will come in though a millitary type quick disconnect. The entire fuel and electrical system will be mounted on the engines. Started tinkering with the drives, looking to have them media blasted and then repainted, Need to freshen up the external hydraulic sterring rams as they are weathered, Still need to design new tie bar mounts as the existing tie bar mount and steering ram mounts interfere with the exhaust tips. I will see if I can snap some photos. Not to much worth of photos though!

Originally Posted by scottie150
Update????
Old 08-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey 502 I just replaced my hyd lines which go thru the gimble housing in and down around the trans tailshaft to the bottom manifold on the drive, I had to pull gently and twist at the same time, they came out and I was able to push the new ones thru, it took a while but I got it .
Old 08-10-2008, 03:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by scarab insanity
Hey 502 I just replaced my hyd lines which go thru the gimble housing in and down around the trans tailshaft to the bottom manifold on the drive, I had to pull gently and twist at the same time, they came out and I was able to push the new ones thru, it took a while but I got it .
Thanks for the information. I spent over an hour with one person in the boat and one outside tugging on the lines and no luck, They must be stuck on something, anyway I already decided to convert to thru hull bulkheads for these lines.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:36 PM
Registered

Dash almost done, just waiting for one more gauge. Once I wire the dash then I can test all the new electrical.
Attached Thumbnails 84 Scarab Renovation (ongoing)-new-dash.jpg  
Old 08-10-2008, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice look'n layout!!
Old 08-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by scarab kv
Nice look'n layout!!
Thanks Man!
Old 08-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Registered

Nice job on the dash- when you get done with yours come on out west and do mine, since it will be fresh in your mind!!!
Old 08-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Registered

Buy me a plane ticket and I will be there!
Old 08-24-2008, 09:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 502ss
So I have started to compile a list of items I need to get for the outdrives. How can I tell which model TRS I have or does it not matter. Where is a good place to buy TRS parts other then ebay? I need things like new trim ram hydraulic lines both in the boat and out, new driveshaft bellows, etc. Any tips?
try mercruiserparts.com also if your in this far you may as well remove the transom assembly's to put a new gasket on.

Quick Reply: 84 Scarab Renovation (ongoing)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.