Post A Pic Of Your Scarab!

Notices

Post A Pic Of Your Scarab!

Old 08-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 51 Likes on 19 Posts

KEEP THE PICS COMING!~

Here are some "other" Scarabs I know of

Seb's Boat across the Atlantic, along with a 38KV info sheet.
Attached Thumbnails Post A Pic Of Your Scarab!-dsc02447.jpg   Post A Pic Of Your Scarab!-wellcraft_brochure1.jpg   Post A Pic Of Your Scarab!-dsc02457.jpg  

Old 08-29-2008, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Seb's arch

Looks like Seb found his arch!!
Old 08-30-2008, 06:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My '79 In water pic is before I bought it

Old 08-30-2008, 06:25 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scarab kv
Sure do. I see they're under new management. Looks like all the performance end of the operation is gone. Do you know people that worked there?
The performance sales end was the last to go in 02 I believe. My 01 Daytona came from them.

The service side was dead long before then. One good thing that came out of there was Raymond Roberts who is the owner of Double R Performance. Probably the only good thing when I think about it.

I rmember when Bill Taylor firsy got your boat. The magazine ( power Boating Canada )had a big contest and the prize was a ride on lake Ontario in the boat. I had a 22 foot Indy at the time and was just lanching my boat as they pulled back in with the winners onboard. Sure looked like a huge boat to me then. Then Bill got the first euro styled scarab and sold yours to Brian Ross ( ex pres of snap on Canada, Learning the ropes supercat team, F2 Talkin Tools donzi, multi time national and world champs ) and they repainted and rerigged it. Must have been around 92 or 93? Spent a bucket load and a half $$$$ redoing it.

What condition is it in these days?

Last edited by Airpacker; 08-30-2008 at 06:32 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Airpacker
The performance sales end was the last to go in 02 I believe. My 01 Daytona came from them.

The service side was dead long before then. One good thing that came out of there was Raymond Roberts who is the owner of Double R Performance. Probably the only good thing when I think about it.

I rmember when Bill Taylor firsy got your boat. The magazine ( power Boating Canada )had a big contest and the prize was a ride on lake Ontario in the boat. I had a 22 foot Indy at the time and was just lanching my boat as they pulled back in with the winners onboard. Sure looked like a huge boat to me then. Then Bill got the first euro styled scarab and sold yours to Brian Ross ( ex pres of snap on Canada, Learning the ropes supercat team, F2 Talkin Tools donzi, multi time national and world champs ) and they repainted and rerigged it. Must have been around 92 or 93? Spent a bucket load and a half $$$$ redoing it.

What condition is it in these days?

I purchased the boat from Brian through Hot Knots. I think Ray was involved in the project. Name sounds familiar. We were up there three times and had met a lot of the guys that were involved...just don't recall all the names after nine years. Not surprised about the demise of Hot Knots. They really jerked us around on some things. We spent a day with Brian and Wilma in 03 when they were here for the power pilgrimage through Mercury. They were pretty excited to learn the boat was in town. Never knew how much the boat meant to them until spending the day with them. We had a blast with them. Brian egged me into high bidder in a silent auction for one of Don Johnson's high impact racing vests. Wilma is a riot. Bill was here also, but never got the chance to meet him. I tried contacting him a couple times to get some early photos of the boat. Talked to his daughter once with a promise of sending some pics, but it never happened. The re & re was in 94. If you go to the Scarab thread http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=186518 post #114 & 116 has info and the article that was done in Bill's magazine about the re & re. Other posts have some current pics as well. Brian told me a final number on the whole project that was astronomical. Pretty much once in a life time find for a turn key boat of that age. As of today she's only had 65 hrs put on it since I purchased it so it's in the same condition as the day I picked it up. Just never any time to play. We did blow the starboard drive and spaghettied the tranny at 9 hrs...contain your chuckle. Mercury covered it as a gear failure. Mel Riggs had a new Velvet Glide on hand, so we sent that and the good tranny down to Tom Huber. Other then that, it's ran flawless.
Attached Thumbnails Post A Pic Of Your Scarab!-vice-photos-page-1.jpg   Post A Pic Of Your Scarab!-vice-photos-page-2.jpg   Post A Pic Of Your Scarab!-vice-photos-page-3.jpg  

Last edited by scarab kv; 08-30-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is mine....84 30' Scarab S-type
Attached Thumbnails Post A Pic Of Your Scarab!-img_3800.jpg  
Old 09-04-2008, 08:03 PM
Banned

My P31
Attached Thumbnails Post A Pic Of Your Scarab!-100_1378.jpg  
Old 09-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jeff P31
My P31
Verrry nice
Old 09-05-2008, 12:10 AM
Registered

Here is mine
Attached Thumbnails Post A Pic Of Your Scarab!-cid_x_ma2_1161960436%40aol.jpg  
Old 09-05-2008, 12:17 AM
Registered

Hey Handreason,

Wasn't your boat up for sale for a while? Are you the new owner or did you decide to keep it?

Quick Reply: Post A Pic Of Your Scarab!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.