1989 28 scarab excell parts for sale

Notices

1989 28 scarab excell parts for sale

Old 11-27-2003, 06:26 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by Great Dane
Interesting about the prop. I just traded my 20' Bayliner for a 28' Scarab Excel 1987-88, quite a jump up, huh? I've only sailed it twice, but also noticed that it was almost impossible to raise the bow and very difficult to know when it was on plane, and how the drive was trimmed. These things were much more noticable in my Bayliner. The Scarab has a Steel 4 blade prop HC-CL26R-IV. So I should look for 3 blade? Some recommend me 5 blade. I'm looking for top speed at 4600, I have approx 550 hp. Prop selection is a science! Any recommendations?

A second question. I've tuned cars for many years, and since we can't get any decent parts over here in Denmark I'vebought everything online/mailorder. For cars companies like Summit haveit all. Where do you recommend I buy my boat parts? I need parts for my 502 with blower, Bravo 1, prop, and other boat specific parts.

Thanks.
I would stay with the 4 blade style prop.I never had any prob with getting on plane or knowing when the boat was on plane . There should be a trim indicator on the dash. If its not working the sender on the drive is bad ,the were bad about going out. With that much power it should carry the nose ok . from the # on the prop sounds like a hydro motive . I allways ran the merc bravo one prop ,I never tried any thing else.If the motor is a 502 depending which one it is would turn it 5000-atleast.4600 is to low.You might even go up to 5200-5300 rpm,Try some diff props ,try a 24-25 to get the rpm up.You cane have the prop bluprinted to give more rpm and bow lift .but i would start with a lower pitch.There is a lot of guys on this board still playing with these Scarabs.Some of them may have more exp with the prop thing

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 11-27-2003, 11:15 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great dane avoid the 3 blade prop. I have teh same boat and similar power to you. I am runngina blade herring and it is by far the best prop i've tried. Got my slip numbers way down and she runs bets with it. The 3 blade blows out very easily. ALso i added eddie marine 24" trim tab and it makes a huge difference getting on plane drop eth tabs and drive snad she comes up on plane nice and quick now.

The difference betwene teh bayliner and teh scarb in feeling is that in teh bayliner it way lighter and youa e much further forward so when she comes up on plane you are up in eth air onteh scarb the baot is much more subtanatial so you don;t feel it as much and you are further toward the stern so its les snoticable.

What kid of speed are you seeing? i'd think a 24 or 26 4 blade will work for you. 5 blade you have to experiement. I'm runing a 29p left hand 5 blade hering and teh RPMS are too low BUT its stillruns way better and faster than teh 3 blade at 1200rpms less.
Old 11-28-2003, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Strip Poker and Puder.

Well right now it's Danish winter so the boat is in my garden. I won't know how fast it really is until March. When I have the speed, rpm and general behaviour, I'll get back to you on which prop.

On comparing to the Bayliner, that nose just went sky high, not just a question of where I'm placed. I could almost not see forward, but the Scarab doesn't lift the nose at all (so it feels).

Any suggestions on where to buy parts, by the way?
Old 11-28-2003, 02:30 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Eddies marine
CP performance
Rex marine.
Dollar marine ,She is on this site.

Get a Hot Boat or a Powerboat magazine they have a lot of advertizers in them or use there web sites.

I have heard people having BADD luck with Teague.

What kind of parts are you looking for??

Old 11-28-2003, 11:51 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

i've gernally had good luck with eddie marine.

dana marine also has nice stuff but his selection is kind of limited.and he a bit prcier. ALL the billet stuff eddie marine sells is pretty much a copy of the dana marine stuff.

for genuine merc parts BAM (MBAM here on OSO) marine canget you anythign you need at a good price. his site is www.mercruiser-parts.com and it has teh exploded view diagrams for all merc stuff.
Old 11-29-2003, 09:30 AM
Registered

hey rob, do you know where i can get a wellcraft steering wheel? do you have anything left for sale? let me know
Old 11-29-2003, 10:47 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

i actually ave on old wellcraft wheel its on my baot and i need to find eth center cover (it was only a temp setup, becaue iforgot to order anew one) make me an offer if he doens;t hav eon left.
Old 11-30-2003, 12:33 PM
Rob
VIP Member

38vice I dont have any Scarab parts left.just some clothing

Old 12-02-2003, 08:09 PM
Registered

hey puder, send me a pic of the wheel and ill make you an offer, [email protected] thanks buddyyyyyyyyyyy
Old 12-02-2003, 08:49 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

hahah its sill on my boat boss....

gimme a few days. I gotta find the center cover too. Its on teh boat as a temp setup with no center cap (the part ath says scarab on it) It is a standard wellscraft steering wheel though. Nothing special.

Quick Reply: 1989 28 scarab excell parts for sale

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.